Secany's ROM research thread... NEW: DXIA2

Guest secany

Guest lazylilsnoop
same here, 2 soft resets already. maybe because of those widgets, dunow, but kind of unstable, liking the weather widget anyway :rolleyes:

hmm, now i gotta think twice before update to L2. i thought it should b bug free by now.

anyway, d surprise by sceany looks like he posted it when he was drunk(reminds me of d old me) but its all good

Helppppppppppppppppp!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can someone put a simple note to show how to flash the L2 rom step by step by using grandprix xp ? I do not know why grandprix cannot detect my device. How can I do it? Do I need to put the file link under the Mult-language button? Finally Can I extract the part 2 and part 3 rar files? Thank you. :rolleyes: :) :(

Edited by kheung

I have a somewhat stupid question, I have the rar files now and I can see that they're named DX except the CSC file which is DZ...my question is, is the ROM DX with a DZ CSC or is it a completely DZ ROM? :rolleyes: I'm curious since I don't want to flash a DZ ROM to my DX phone...

Edited by R@v3n

Guest localbus

hi.. have some simple question.. anyone can help ? Thanks....

I am currently using DXHK3 and found out that it didn't have chinese input....

what should i do to get the input back and without downgrade the phone version ?

Thanks !!

Only 24MB storage memory free after flashing! Quite a step back from previous roms and most of the new widgets are in Italian/Spanish?, one wonders where you will be able to store new widgets as well as programs that need to be installed to internal storage. As has been said, already had to soft reset after the device froze trying to open the Yahoo widget. Not a very good rom, I think.

Guest samjuan

Good day guys, a lot of progress in one busy night!

Can some great sole upload the proper CSC file to flash it with this? I don't to waste memory on Chinese files...

Sorry if it has been uploaded somewhere before. Thanks in advance.

Guest samjuan
what is the different between DX and DZ ROM ?

can i use DZ ROM for my Omnia (i bought it at indonesia) ?

Thanks

DZ has Chinese input and characters

DX is all english

Guest samjuan
so i can use DZ ROM for my Omnia?

Coze i read DZ ROM only for Malaysia & Singapore, not Indonesian..

Thanks

If you want your Omnia to like Chinese, then go for DZ, however you will sacrifice a lot of precious memory.

I don't know why until now we can not utilize the 16GB properly! Why don't they do it like the netbook!

anyway, there...

Guest bobobird

First impression :

No widgets if csc not used.

GPS - dark ages again.

As usual, one little step forward and 2 or more big steps back. Is it so hard to do things incrementally??? No, it is'nt, but Samsung probably have idiots as developers (or an idiot head of dev, probably the latter).

Couple of new web links in Programs - all lead here http://www.gypsii.com/

Otherwise not much changed.

Say that I'd try GP for the first time, and accidentally add the pda_i900dxhl2.bin to the multilang aswell as the PDA part, and the phone is flashing as I write the post. What might happen? :rolleyes: It's writing the last bit now, should I abort?

Guest bobobird

Reflashed HK3, flashed HL1 phone.

Did not flash the HL1 bootloader though. Questions - does that make a difference?

And......... GPS controls are not in the Phone part but are in the PDA part.

GPS now cold fixes first time in about 70secs (with or without xtras).

Will further test with HL2 phone part and see what happens.

UPDATE -

Flashed HK3 with HL2 phone.

Seems phone does have some effect.

Cold GPS fix in about 35secs. Half that with hk3/hli combination.

Will test further tomorrow and see how it goes.

Edited by bobobird