An observation about the T-Mo UK ROM (big issue for me...)

Guest PaulOBrien

No 'Samsung Today 1' layout? Shame, that's the one I like to use :wacko:

P

I have noticed this also, just flashed to XXHH3 and got the Today1 screen back ;)

Seems also, that there is a german rom out for t-mobile devices...called "AKHH5", but didn't find yet a download link for this one.

But I even don't understand the codes, because "BO" should be german, not UK...

Edited by Backes

Guest vijay15

Hey P,

Thanks for trying out the ROM, do you mind telling us about any differences between the ROMS. You mentioned no Samsung 1. What about:

1. Memory?

2. Battery?

3. Speed?

4. Finger Scrolling?

You're awesome man, I wish I had the cahones to just go ahead and flash.

Vij

Hey P,

Thanks for trying out the ROM, do you mind telling us about any differences between the ROMS. You mentioned no Samsung 1. What about:

1. Memory?

2. Battery?

3. Speed?

4. Finger Scrolling?

You're awesome man, I wish I had the cahones to just go ahead and flash.

Vij

This rom wasn't long on my phone, but first big thing was the "T-Mobile Splash Window" :-D

Then the normal T-Mobile web'n'walk features were added...the sms-chat was disabled so you can write SMS like on a normal WindowsMobile devices.

Speed was not very good for me...i think the t-mobile branding will make the system a bit more slow...

another big thing was that you can't scroll the Main menu once up and down with the button in the middle...so no Powerpoint, One Note, Smart Reader etc. in Main Menu...

sorry for my bad english ;) I'm from germany :wacko:

Edited by Backes

Thanks Backes,

Your english is fine, dont apologize. Which ROM did you switch to then?

Vij

i just switched to the DXHH3 rom. Works fine for now. No crash. No Standby-Freeze, but the camera bug is still there ;)

But I've got a problem that i didn't find yet here in this forum. If my device is turned on and I switch into the standby mode...after some time (20-30 seconds) the light goes on and the device automatically goes out of the standby...maybe anyone has a solution for this?

Is it possible to remove the T-Mobile branding altogether from the phone? Does it require any particular modification to the phone's settings that might void the warranty? I am thinking, if it can be debranded by an official update from Samsung, then there is (under UK consumer law at least) no reasonable reason for them to void the warranty if someone uses it and it flashes successfully.

Edited by Fiish

It's not so much the visual branding as the performance - branded firmware as a rule seems to have more bugs and runs more slowly than factory firmware, because operators don't have as much incentive to make *good* modifications as much as to disable features that might impact how they want customers to use the phone (like disabling VoIP applications or in Vodafone's Omnia's case removing Google Maps and advertising their own navigation service). However, from what you are saying it does not seem to be the case with T-Mo's version so perhaps this anxiety is undue. ;)