WiFi and GPS free of charge

Guest rumblefish479

Guest rumblefish479

I have the SGH-i607 with the wm6.0 update. I have recently started using facade to customize my themes, wallpapers, today screen etc. I have read a lot about the use of Google Maps, Garmin, Windows Live Search, etc on the blackjack. I was wondering if you do you, for example Garmin, wil you be charged for the internet use and services. I have recently taken the internet off my phone and was curious about being charged. Also, if I use WiFi to connect to the internet will I be billed for that. All advice and information is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Edited by rumblefish479

Guest Neil5459
I have the SGH-i607 with the wm6.0 update. I have recently started using facade to customize my themes, wallpapers, today screen etc. I have read a lot about the use of Google Maps, Garmin, Windows Live Search, etc on the blackjack. I was wondering if you do you, for example Garmin, wil you be charged for the internet use and services. I have recently taken the internet off my phone and was curious about being charged. Also, if I use WiFi to connect to the internet will I be billed for that. All advice and information is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Put simply, if you use data over the phone connection, you will be charged for it, unless you have a data bundle that covers the use. This would include anything downloaded by Google Maps, traffic or speed camera info downloaded by TomTom, Garmin etc, and emails/web surfing done over the phone system. If you have removed the GPRS connection, then this will not be available to you anyway.

WiFi depends on how you are connecting. If you connect over your home or work WiFi system, or via a free public access Hotspot, you won't be charged, but if you connect via a paid for Hotspot, then you will be charged either by the minute, or by the MB. You will know if you are connecting via a paid Hotspot, as you would need to register and obtain a login ID.