Kick ass Omnia skins for SPB Mobile Shell

Guest jonboyuk

Guest bonedragon

Hey guys, really great skins here. However, I ran into a small problem. Now my weather tab will always go into the weekly forecast thing, instead of showing just today's weather with the large weather icon. How do I fix this? If I recall, I was able to switch between the two types but now I can't. I appreciate your help.

Guest castle9mm
Hey guys, really great skins here. However, I ran into a small problem. Now my weather tab will always go into the weekly forecast thing, instead of showing just today's weather with the large weather icon. How do I fix this? If I recall, I was able to switch between the two types but now I can't. I appreciate your help.

I'm not sure what else it changes as it's hard to find documentation, but the 'Low Memory' layout option when customizing the layout will only show the small, weekly weather updates. Tell it NO for the low memory and you'll get the full screen icon that finger taps to the weekly view.

Guest bonedragon
I'm not sure what else it changes as it's hard to find documentation, but the 'Low Memory' layout option when customizing the layout will only show the small, weekly weather updates. Tell it NO for the low memory and you'll get the full screen icon that finger taps to the weekly view.

Thanks alot. Though it does seem a little more sluggish now...or maybe it's jsut a psychological effect. Anyway, really awesome skins. Thanks for your help again.

lol

do you want to use less memory ???

YES => you go directly to the weekly forecast

NO => you see current weather, and then you have to click to go the the weekly one.

regards.

I have version 2 installed on my phone already & have followed, the instructions above.

However, when I come to run the install_WQVGA.mscr file, I get an error message saying that it cannot find Spb Mobile Shell version 2.1.2

Any ideas what I am doing wrong here or do I just need to slap myself with a wet fish for being an idiot?

Guest DJRedLine
I get it installed but I thought it will replace the "Today" Display , instead it's a press away from the Today, it's a bit annoying.

(I have it configured to "Show now once the device awakes")

When the device get's locked, my S2U2 appears but when it's unlocked I still get the "locked" state of windows mobile and it requires me to unlock it again.

Did anybody else face similar issues ?

Also I miss the iContact and iDialer . They are much more nicer than the SPB Shell's contact/dialer.

Extract and Install SPBWatcher and have it as the only running item within the 'today' menu this will ensure SPB is always on top.

Install IContact and then extract the SwitchSpbContact.mscr file anywhere on your omnia. Before running open the file in notepad and ensure the top lines match your install location for IContact -

set AltContactName, "iContact"

set AltContactPath, "\My Storage\Program Files\iContact\iContact.exe"

Run the file and this will make IContact the default within SBP.

spbwatcher.zip

SwitchSpbContact.zip

Guest tensor123

Anyone knows, how would i set under spb shell,

that when i answer the call and the phone is locked up,

it would show samsung dialer (and lock the keypad), instead

main spb screen (where keypad doesn't lock)? TY

I have version 2 installed on my phone already & have followed, the instructions above.

However, when I come to run the install_WQVGA.mscr file, I get an error message saying that it cannot find Spb Mobile Shell version 2.1.2

Any ideas what I am doing wrong here or do I just need to slap myself with a wet fish for being an idiot?

some people r confused with spb mod shell & spb themes..

do you know the difference ?

spb mob shell should be 2.1.2

while

spb themes the latests are 3.1.1.

Guest MistaSergio

i910 users - this DOES work on your phone.

don't rush to rock the new setup after installing - hit a soft reset first -- and then you're off!

I had to give the install a go two times - then it worked! and along side rocking the SPBwatcher - I only catch split second looks at my home screen -- and best of all - its FAST!

[[oh - might want to check out SPB's Keyboard too - has made texting/blogging/emails SO much easier.]]

remember if you dig it - be sure to register. I had my doubt of my Omnia but with options and choices to expand my functions and UI in this manner --

I'm on board!

Extract and Install SPBWatcher and have it as the only running item within the 'today' menu this will ensure SPB is always on top.

Install IContact and then extract the SwitchSpbContact.mscr file anywhere on your omnia. Before running open the file in notepad and ensure the top lines match your install location for IContact -

spbwatcher.zip

SwitchSpbContact.zip

Great :rolleyes:

Thanks very much

Guest foxmylife

Hello,

I try to instal the skin but at the end I got a microsoft error message that ask me to send a report. Then the mobile became very slow and the skin of spbshell is a complete mess. What should I do ?

Thanks !

Guest ianbeale

spbwatcher.zip

SwitchSpbContact.zip

is it possible to do something like this for sms?

Guest JASTECH
Hello,

I try to instal the skin but at the end I got a microsoft error message that ask me to send a report. Then the mobile became very slow and the skin of spbshell is a complete mess. What should I do ?

Thanks !

Yes, Uninstall it. Then reset your phone and try it again. Don't forget to reset your phone after SPB Shell install. Then download a fresh skin pack just incase yours is corrupted and go from there step by step.

Thanks, JASTECH ô¿ô

Guest Kira Y

spbwatcher.zip

SwitchSpbContact.zip

Hi there,

Sorry for my poor english, I dont really understand the message mentioned below.... meant we need to create a notepad file? if so so, what will be the file name?

Guest DJRedLine
Hi there,

Sorry for my poor english, I dont really understand the message mentioned below.... meant we need to create a notepad file? if so so, what will be the file name?

Sorry i wasn't that clear.

PLace the 'SwitchSpbContact.mscr' file onto your PC. Right-click on the file and open with notepad. This will then allow you to edit the file.

At the top of the file it should read -

set AltContactPath, "\My Storage\Program Files\iContact\iContact.exe" - Change this to your installation directory.

Save the file then place onto your Omnia and run it. It should then change the default contact viewer to IContact.

Guest Kira Y
Sorry i wasn't that clear.

PLace the 'SwitchSpbContact.mscr' file onto your PC. Right-click on the file and open with notepad. This will then allow you to edit the file.

At the top of the file it should read -

set AltContactPath, "\My Storage\Program Files\iContact\iContact.exe" - Change this to your installation directory.

Save the file then place onto your Omnia and run it. It should then change the default contact viewer to IContact.

Thanks buddy, I will try for it later...... what is the function for spb watcher actually? :rolleyes: