Kick ass Omnia skins for SPB Mobile Shell

Guest jonboyuk

Guest DJRedLine
Thanks buddy, I will try for it later...... what is the function for spb watcher actually? :rolleyes:

If you just install SPB it will just sit on top of your 'today' screen and can be opened/closed by a push of a button. SPBWatcher basically removes the need for another today screen and keeps the mobile shell open and above all screens at all times.

Guest DJRedLine

Has anyone used the imarche skin changer to put their own backgrounds on?

I have followed the instructions and managed to get 1 set of pictures working, but everytime i try to do another it keeps telling me it is in the wrong format (240/400 16BIT .bmp)

Using paint.net to resize and save as .bmp files

Using GIMP to change to 16BIT format.

Guest thepeoplesclub

don't install Icontact on my storage or your memory card, install it to your main memory. I lost the ability to access any settings untill I uninstalled it completely and now have lost options in the shell settings. I can access settings through my today screen but not through shell. Has anyone else had this fault/bug?

Guest DJRedLine
don't install Icontact on my storage or your memory card, install it to your main memory. I lost the ability to access any settings untill I uninstalled it completely and now have lost options in the shell settings. I can access settings through my today screen but not through shell. Has anyone else had this fault/bug?

Yes, i noticed everytime i had SPB installed and then tried installing iContact i would start losing certain options/programs.

Guest thepeoplesclub

I've decided to keep SPb contacts now because of this. Think I'll have to reinstall mobile shell because lost my com manager at the top of the screen. It opens up but cause my settings have disappeared it doesn't do anything. I liked Icontact but it's too buggy for me.

Guest thepeoplesclub

About the custom backgrounds I couldn't get any to work using adobe photoshop saved the backgrounds to the right setting 240x400 bmp 16bit and keep getting the error message. I used a trial version of image converter plus and this worked but had the watermark on with it being unregistered. strange

• 2 weeks later...

Why are the 9 icons in the third tab (Organizer, internet, Multimedia, ...) blurry when using the Omnia icons? the theme is great otherwise

I'm having the same problem with Spb Phone Suite as mentioned in post #17 - already figured this out, its in the FAQ :)

I'm using the WQVGA on Omnia

Thanks

Edited by samy1

Do you need to have a custom firmware (rom)

before getting SPB mobile shell working?

thanks for any help guys.

SPB shell and its themes can be installed on official roms.

Guest heolongvang

I've tried NewBackground script

http://www.imarche.net/omnia/update.php

, and I get an error when choose a background pic (bmp).

Although I use new Photoshop CS4 to change it into bmp 16 bit, it's still denided.

How about image converter plus? Do U guys have a full version Image Converter Plus?

Edited by heolongvang

Guest thepeoplesclub

I have the trial version of image convertor plus. It works with the script but you get the horrible watermark with it not being registered :)

Guest ME1STNINJA

I dont mind admitting im a clomplete newb to this <_<

However have been getting used to using the Omnia and after reading the Forum i looked into getting the spb shell. I downloaded the file directly from the site to my phone and registered my copy. Works great no issues really impressed its alot smoother and hardly uses any of the memory in fact its much faster than i expeceted after playing with the omnia from original settings.

So i moved onto the next bit how about some nice new custom themes from this site so i downloaded the file directly onto the phone.

"Heres the bit where im probably gonna gey laughed out the forum for being a newb"

So the zip file is saved to the phone i extract the information however it wont extract to the loaction of where spb has been installed. I have tried re installing it but it wont allow me to set the loaction on the phone. Everytime i try to run the install wqvga.mscr it tells me there is no application associated with this file. I have gone through the forums and still cant find out how to get this to work.

I would really like a registry editing freeware but cant seem to find one and as for this Mortsript "WHAT:rolleyes:

Guest jstuart91
I dont mind admitting im a clomplete newb to this <_<

However have been getting used to using the Omnia and after reading the Forum i looked into getting the spb shell. I downloaded the file directly from the site to my phone and registered my copy. Works great no issues really impressed its alot smoother and hardly uses any of the memory in fact its much faster than i expeceted after playing with the omnia from original settings.

So i moved onto the next bit how about some nice new custom themes from this site so i downloaded the file directly onto the phone.

"Heres the bit where im probably gonna gey laughed out the forum for being a newb"

So the zip file is saved to the phone i extract the information however it wont extract to the loaction of where spb has been installed. I have tried re installing it but it wont allow me to set the loaction on the phone. Everytime i try to run the install wqvga.mscr it tells me there is no application associated with this file. I have gone through the forums and still cant find out how to get this to work.

I would really like a registry editing freeware but cant seem to find one and as for this Mortsript "WHAT:rolleyes:

first off, you dont have to save the skin pack in the mobile shell directory, I would save it to your storage card or my storage as to not fill up your device storage =)

to get the script to work you first need to install Mortscript, which is included in the skin pack. Just run MortScript.exe in the Scripts folder and then run Install_WQVGA in the same fold and that should get you going.

Guest ME1STNINJA
first off, you dont have to save the skin pack in the mobile shell directory, I would save it to your storage card or my storage as to not fill up your device storage =)

to get the script to work you first need to install Mortscript, which is included in the skin pack. Just run MortScript.exe in the Scripts folder and then run Install_WQVGA in the same fold and that should get you going.

Thanks for the speedy responce 'jstuart91' i have saved it to my storage and i have looked through all the files that came with the skin pack and for the life of me i cannot find this mortscript. Its about the 3rd time i have downladed the skin pack it is the newest version do i need to download a older version to get this or is it included in the up to date version.

Thanks again for this help.....

Guest gavinfabl

in your Omnia goto my storage\spbMobileShellkins\scripts directory . I am assuming you extracted the whole zip to here. Scroll down and tap on mortscript.exe . A message should appear. Press ok. In the same directory is install_WQVGA . Tap this and select language and follow instructions.

Now goto SPB Mobile Shell program. In Programs tab , select tools, spb skins 3.1 (this should here). There are two skin variations kyro and luna. Select each one to see what it looks like. Extra options does more :)

If you install a file called spb watcher (available earlier in this thread) and activate it on the settings, today control applet you will never see the traditional today screen only spb mobile shell.

Guest ME1STNINJA
in your Omnia goto my storage\spbMobileShellkins\scripts directory . I am assuming you extracted the whole zip to here. Scroll down and tap on mortscript.exe . A message should appear. Press ok. In the same directory is install_WQVGA . Tap this and select language and follow instructions.

Now goto SPB Mobile Shell program. In Programs tab , select tools, spb skins 3.1 (this should here). There are two skin variations kyro and luna. Select each one to see what it looks like. Extra options does more :)

If you install a file called spb watcher (available earlier in this thread) and activate it on the settings, today control applet you will never see the traditional today screen only spb mobile shell.

Hi Gavin i extracted spb mobileshell2.1.2wqvga pack to my storage\spbMobileShellkins\scripts . In that i can see Intall wqvga install but not a mortsript. " have i seriously missed something here im looking but cant find jack" Sorry guys i know im coming across as a complete newb but i have to start somewhere. And big thanks for all this help... :D

Guest gavinfabl

You seem to have missed something. The 17mb file should be extracted into My Storage. After extracting, you will have my storage\spbMobileshellskins and 4 directories. Commons, Original, Scrips and WQVGA. If you have extracted this large file properly you will have inside the scripts folder mortscript.exe . It is visible in the basic Omnia File Explorer program.

If you are extracting on your PC and then copying across make sure in windows you have show hidden files active. I personally extract file on the Omnia using either Resco File Explorer or Pocketrar.

Guest ME1STNINJA
You seem to have missed something. The 17mb file should be extracted into My Storage. After extracting, you will have my storage\spbMobileshellskins and 4 directories. Commons, Original, Scrips and WQVGA. If you have extracted this large file properly you will have inside the scripts folder mortscript.exe . It is visible in the basic Omnia File Explorer program.

If you are extracting on your PC and then copying across make sure in windows you have show hidden files active. I personally extract file on the Omnia using either Resco File Explorer or Pocketrar.

Thanks Gavin i will get one of those programs and see if that helps....

Thanks again all will update you on how it goes..

Can anyone help me get spb watcher working?

DJRedLine wrote this:

"Extract and Install SPBWatcher and have it as the only running item within the 'today' menu this will ensure SPB is always on top."

I tried going to the today settings - items tab and nothing called spb watcher appears?

Am I doing something wrong?