hard reset then soft reset...

Guest jimbles90

Guest jimbles90

i have read some posts containing this, and i think i understand the general meaning/idea of it.

The question is, i have an HTC diamond coming from orange, and I was wondering that if i do this hard reset, soft reset, would it be restored back to HTC diamond original status, like how orange got it from HTC?

Can it mess up doing this reset? If so is it easy to get it back to how it was?

thanks!

jimbles

I would imagine you'd find the ROM is Orange customised, so a hard or soft reset won't help.

I think the Orange Diamond is fairly stock, I don't think they've tinkered with it too much (thankfully!). I have a MDA Compact IV, and I did a hard reset, then a soft reset before all the customisation started to stop all the T-Mob stuff going on (too pink for me!).

If the Orange is the same and you want to restore to factory defaults, do a hard reset and let the customisation process run.

I've now Hard-SPL'ed my device and flashed a Switchblade ROM, as the MDA came with a 1.37 ROM, not the later version. The difference is amazing.

Hope this helps

Mark

Guest Neil5459
I think the Orange Diamond is fairly stock, I don't think they've tinkered with it too much (thankfully!). I have a MDA Compact IV, and I did a hard reset, then a soft reset before all the customisation started to stop all the T-Mob stuff going on (too pink for me!).

If the Orange is the same and you want to restore to factory defaults, do a hard reset and let the customisation process run.

I've now Hard-SPL'ed my device and flashed a Switchblade ROM, as the MDA came with a 1.37 ROM, not the later version. The difference is amazing.

Hope this helps

Mark

Orange Diamonds don't have any Orange customisations (yet) so the HR/SR would be unnecessary. Even if O did customise, they have a habit of putting their changes in the Main ROM, rather than the Ext ROM, so again, the HR/SR would have little effect.

Agreed that a 1.93 ROM is pretty much a necessity, which does mean flashing an Orange device, unless the recent ones have the newer ROM.