GPS Comport hack safe to use on WM6.1?

Guest john redcorn

Guest john redcorn

I just did the upgrade, set all my settings how I like and installed everything except for some gps stuff.

Is the old com4hack.cab safe to use on the new WM?

I just did the upgrade, set all my settings how I like and installed everything except for some gps stuff.

Is the old com4hack.cab safe to use on the new WM?

I'm not sure it will hurt, although I found I didn't need it. I just installed the Microsoft GPSID program and configured my com port..

Guest dtphantom
I'm not sure it will hurt, although I found I didn't need it. I just installed the Microsoft GPSID program and configured my com port..

which GPSID program cause i had to install the gps hack to get garmin mobile to work on 6.1 so to the orginal question yeah it's safe to use.

Guest john redcorn
which GPSID program cause i had to install the gps hack to get garmin mobile to work on 6.1 so to the orginal question yeah it's safe to use.

I did the com4 hack and it's working.

Wondering if I should use this gpsid instead though. I remember last time back on wm6 I installed gpsid and it killed my gps for both comports and intermediate driver until I did a hard reset.

Guest john redcorn

I think I read somewhere, maybe on here that GPS is now assisted in WM6.1? Is that true? assisted by the att towers? or over the internet by MS?

Everyone's been saying they've gotten insanely fast lock-ons.

I didn't really notice, last time I was outside at lunch I was going to see how fast it was with google maps but someone called right as I started it. It had a lock when I went back to it but I have no clue how long it took.

I do have satellites visible (no lock though) inside a huge high-rise office building, that's never happened before.

• 3 months later...

I have an unlocked HTC Touch HD and having issues where programs (Google Maps Mobile, Windows Live Search Mobile, GPSTest, etc) are not able to use the phone's built-in aGPS. :/ I'm using AT&T... but again it's an unlocked HTC Touch HD from the UK.

Will this COM-hack that I read about work for WinMo Professional 6.1 devices? Where I can I get the CAB file as well?

Thanks for any info!

-Dustin