aGPS on Blackjack II with WM 6.1

Guest tomo88

Hi all,

I just did the upgrade to 6.1 today (with my unlocked BJII with Optus Australia) and so far find the performance much better in terms of faster typing speeds and a much cleaner, nicer homescreen.

I noticed in the upgrade notes that it now had aGPS, and when I opened GPSTest it had new options that allowed "MS Based" and "Assisted".

But I read here http://mobile.tipidpc.com/viewtopic.php?tid=3824 that the BJII has 'limited aGPS'.

So is there anyway to utilize the aGPS functionality if you're NOT with AT&T?

There was a box under the options that had 'SUPL server', I dunno what that is, but it may have something to do with it.

Guest john redcorn

Wow there's a lot more options in the ms gpstest than there used to be.

Assisted and MS BAsed were always there but they didn't do anything as far as I can tell. That supl server 192.168.something entry is new with 6.1 too. with 6.0 my default mode was standalone, now it's ms based.

the server's 192.168 ip means its private so it's part of at&ts network, I would guess if you could find a server that serves out this gps info with a public ip you could get ms based agps on tmobile or another network as long as you had internet access.

What I'm really wondering about now that I see all this new stuff in gpstest is the option QOS, the horizontal accuracy in meters=19 and response time=45secs. Is there something I could change in there to make the gps good for walking/geocaching?

Edited by john redcorn

• 6 months later...
Guest bjybhs8

In my city, my GPSTest was working fine. I went on a trip this past weekend and was in the desert trying to find some places and my GPSTest would not work. I saw there was a 192.168.something something:7something something again, but I erased it hoping that was my problem. Now my GPSTest does not want to work in town anymore. I'm looking for what settings or what I should do. GMaps or Live maps are not working. Any help out there?