PPCPim backup not working

Guest Allomancer

Guest Allomancer

I saved all my contacts etc. using PPCPim Backup. Apparently I had the storage card encryption on before I saved my stuff. After upgrading to WM6.1, PPCPim won't restore my stuff because it is now a MENC file instead of a .pib file. Pim Backup doesn't recognize the file any more. I tried copying the file to my desk top and then back to the phone, but that doesn't work. Any ideas?

Apparently after the hard reset the key to open the encrypted file is gone. Is all my stuff gone for good now?

I think your program is intended for Pocket PC devices (aka "touchscreen" aka "Windows Mobile Professional"), not a "Smartphone" (aka "non-touchscreen" aka "Windows Mobile Standard") device like the BJII.

If so, I suspect your data is lost, unless it was backed up to your PC, in which case if you go get a Pocket PC device, toss your data into it, then sync the Pocket PC back to Outlook. You could then sync your BJII to Outlook and Voila! Your data will be on your BJII!

Good Luck!

MadSci

Guest iain1237
I think your program is intended for Pocket PC devices (aka "touchscreen" aka "Windows Mobile Professional"), not a "Smartphone" (aka "non-touchscreen" aka "Windows Mobile Standard") device like the BJII.

If so, I suspect your data is lost, unless it was backed up to your PC, in which case if you go get a Pocket PC device, toss your data into it, then sync the Pocket PC back to Outlook. You could then sync your BJII to Outlook and Voila! Your data will be on your BJII!

Good Luck!

MadSci

I used PPCPim on my BJII and it worked flawlessly.