- NewBie - OmNia Issues... -

Guest ~ flipd ~

Guest ~ flipd ~

- Hey -

- i am in Need of Some Help with my New - 'SamSung OmNia i900' - PurChased from - 'ebay.co.uk' - & was Hoping SomeOne Could Help me here -

- the 1st issue i have Happened Upon is... -

- When the Hand-Set is Left Alone for a Time... - The Screen Darkens & it Goes into something like a - 'Sleep Mode' - i am able to - 'Wake' - the Phone if it is Not Left - 'Sleeping' - for too Long - Simply by Pressing the - 'End/Device Lock Key' - this Awakens the Phone & the - 'HomeScreen' - is Visible... - though if the Hand-Set is Left UnAttended for a Longer Period... - this - 'Fix' - is No Longer Able to Work & the Only Way i have Found to - 'Wake' - the Phone & Re-Visit the - 'HomeScreen' - is to ReSet the Phone - or Turn it - 'Off' - & then Back - 'On' -

- (?) -

- the 2nd Issue i am Having... -

- 'Wi-Fi'... - the - 'Wi-Fi' - Icon DisAppeared from the - 'Menus' - Don't Know How nor Why - (?) - it was like this for a Couple Days - it was PreSent when i First ReCeived the Phone... - but then WithOut any Reason Known to me it Just Vanished - it has ReAppeared for WhatEver Reason this Morning - but still - i'd like to UnderStand Why this Happened & What i Could Do to Manually Sort this ProBlem should it Happen Again - (?)

- When this ProBlem Occurred... - All the InforMation ReGarding - 'Wi-Fi' - DisAppeared from the - 'Version' - 'Menu' - but like i said - it is Back Again this Morning - but i Don't UnderStand Why - (?)

- it seems very odd -

- Some InFo About my Particular Device... -

- ( - From - 'Version' - Screen - ) -

- Version-

- PDA: i900XXHG5/MSHG1

- PHONE: i900XXHG5

- Bluetooth (2.0 + EDR)

- S/W: 2.0.3

- H/W: 2.0.1

- MAC: 00 21 D2 58 5D 70

- WiFi (IEEE 802.11 b/g)

- S/W :0.4.3.1

- H/W: 1.0

- MAC : 00 13 E0 F3 AE F0

- i am Using a - 'WinDows Vista PC' - should - 'Flashing' - be ReQuired to Fix these Problems -

- Any Help Would be Very WelCome -

- thanks -

D.

I had the same problem as you with the phone going into a permanent sleep mode. I installed DXHH3 firmware and the problem was gone. I assume it has something to do with the firmware you are using.

Guest evilworm

Could you confirm that your motion sensor still works after you have used your device for more than 10 minutes? Your problem seems very similar to my... I have upgraded to HH3 but it still locks up in suspend mode. I noticed that every time the device is going to lockup, the motion sensor fails. It does that whenever the device gets a bit warm, so try to enable wifi, too.