PhoneAlarm Pro and GPS on TyTN II

Guest dazza12

I recently tried, and subsequently purchased PhoneAlarm Pro. I find the program has made the phone 100 times more useful.

One feature I'd like to be able to use properly is the location sensing feature. I've got it working by using the cell id feature, but I'm finding this doesn't offer a good enough resolution. As a result, it can still list me as at home when I'm a few miles away, and the same at work.

I've tried to use the GPS feature to remedy this, but I'm finding that PhoneAlarm doesn't seem to find my GPS device. It works with other programs such as Cameraware, WiFiFoFum, Yahoo Go and Google Maps so I know it's not the phone. I've searched all through the PhoneAlarm options but can't find anything regarding setting GPS options.

Has anybody had any luck with this?

Guest Webreaper

I don't use the GPS with PA, as the CellID has enough resolution for me (and on the occasions it doesn't, I'd be indoors so GPS wouldn't work anyway).

Your best bet would be to hop over to the forums and mention your issues to Bruce/Penguin (the guy who wrote PA) - he'll get a log from you and may be able to fix it if it's something ROM-specific....