Charger and Headset Connector Combo?

Guest KettererE

Guest KettererE

I'm looking for an adapter that allows a charger and headphone converter to be connected to my Blackjack II at the same time.

I'd like to be able to charge the phone in my car and listen to MP3s via my car's AUX input. I have both a car charger and a headphone converter for the BJII but of course you cannot use them both at the same time. Is there any adapter that allows a 3.5mm headphone plug plus a charger to connect at the same time? Seems like you could wire one to work.

Sometimes my phone battery is almost dead or I am on a long trip so it would be nice to charge and listen at the same time.

If there is no converter option is there some kind of Bluetooth to 3.5mm adapter I could use where the phone essentially pairs to the adapter like a stereo headset and then the adapter does not have speakers but instead pipes the music out to a 3.5mm plug?

- Ed

Guest Mysterious Stranger
I'm looking for an adapter that allows a charger and headphone converter to be connected to my Blackjack II at the same time.

I'd like to be able to charge the phone in my car and listen to MP3s via my car's AUX input. I have both a car charger and a headphone converter for the BJII but of course you cannot use them both at the same time. Is there any adapter that allows a 3.5mm headphone plug plus a charger to connect at the same time? Seems like you could wire one to work.

Sometimes my phone battery is almost dead or I am on a long trip so it would be nice to charge and listen at the same time.

If there is no converter option is there some kind of Bluetooth to 3.5mm adapter I could use where the phone essentially pairs to the adapter like a stereo headset and then the adapter does not have speakers but instead pipes the music out to a 3.5mm plug?

- Ed

The adapter you listed is the wrong way around - it's a 3.5mm stereo jack *to* bluetooth adapter so you can listen to an ipod etc using bluetooth headphones etc.

What you need is a bluetooth 'audio gateway' from the likes of motorola ( dc800) , BlackBerry or AnyCom to name but 3.

They pair with an A2DP phone as an audio gateway and provide a stereo phono output which can then go to a 3.5mm adapter into your headunit.

The motorola and blackberry units power from a mini usb connection and operate fine from a car charger.

The DC800 also transmits via bluetooth so it acts as a 'hub' if you connect an ipod to it, for example. I'm unsure if it passes through the signal - never tried. Don't know about functionality of the others though I do have the blackberry unit as the moto can be a bit flaky. I use it in the car with a dedicated amp running of a OQO 01+ UMPC. Hums a little.

HTH.

edit - the DC800 is end of life and if you buy it without the optional stereo bluetooth headphones it can be had for about $25 plus shipping from fleabay,

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=180290256972

M.S

Edited by Mysterious Stranger

Guest KettererE
The adapter you listed is the wrong way around - it's a 3.5mm stereo jack *to* bluetooth adapter so you can listen to an ipod etc using bluetooth headphones etc.

What you need is a bluetooth 'audio gateway' from the likes of motorola ( dc800) , BlackBerry or AnyCom to name but 3.

They pair with an A2DP phone as an audio gateway and provide a stereo phono output which can then go to a 3.5mm adapter into your headunit.

The motorola and blackberry units power from a mini usb connection and operate fine from a car charger.

The DC800 also transmits via bluetooth so it acts as a 'hub' if you connect an ipod to it, for example. I'm unsure if it passes through the signal - never tried. Don't know about functionality of the others though I do have the blackberry unit as the moto can be a bit flaky. I use it in the car with a dedicated amp running of a OQO 01+ UMPC. Hums a little.

HTH.

edit - the DC800 is end of life and if you buy it without the optional stereo bluetooth headphones it can be had for about $25 plus shipping from fleabay,

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=180290256972

M.S

Thanks for the reply...I figured out I had the bluetooth device backwards...needed a receiver not a transmitter. I'll check out the one you recommended. I was really hoping to find a cable to do this for me...some kind of splitter.

- Ed