Flashing (Re-Flashing) help

Guest tommyz33

Guest tommyz33

I have the Blackjack II, had some issues in the middle of upgrading to WM 6.1, computer crashed, now I only get the black screen, white SAMSUNG...

I've tried to re-start the process in bootloader mode, but since it will not connect to the PC via activesync, I cannot get WM 6.1 on the phone, and am stuck with what I believe is just a brick.

I've heard that I should attempt to flash (re-flash) the phone... can someone walk me through this process?? Can I re-flash without being able to use actvesync??

Thanks in advance!

Edited by tommyz33

Here is the process to un-brick your phone:

Prerequisites:

Update software still running on your PC. Must be past the ROM Update screen:

http://erms.samsungelectronics.com/custome...mo/2008/08/29/3[2].jpg

and on the Downloading screen:

http://erms.samsungelectronics.com/custome...mo/2008/08/29/4[2].jpg

Or

A spare or borrowed BJ II.

If you still have the software running and it is still on the downloading screen:

1) Connect the USB cable to your Powered OFF

2) Turn the phone on while holding the "Back" and "Volume Up" buttons.

3) This will boot the phone into the "Bootloader mode".

4) The upgrade process should restart.

If you closed the Upload program like I did, things are a little more complicated. During the normal upgrade process, the phone is put into the Bootloader Mode by the Upgrade software using the Active Sync connection. If the upgrade fails and you brick your phone and closed the software (like I did), there is no way to restart the download process because you can't Active Sync to your bricked phone. When you try to click "Next" on the ROM update screen, it says there is no phone connected.

Here is where the spare phone comes in handy. Luckily, my work has several BJ IIs and I was able to borrow a co-workers phone.

1) Connect the USB cable to the spare BJII as you normally would and start the Update software.

2) Follow the normal update procedure. Stop when you get to the "Downloading" screen, DO NOT click Start.

3) At this point, the spare phone should have been put in to "Bootloader mode" by the upgrade software via the Active Sync connection.

4) Unplug the USB cable from the spare phone and plug it in to your POWERED OFF, bricked phone. Pull the battery from the spare phone. This will take it out of the "Bootloader" mode and will restart normally.

5) Turn on the bricked phone while holding the "Back" and Volume Up" buttons to start the phone in "Bootloader" mode.

6) Click "Start" in the software. The upgrade process should restart and hopefully, complete.

Thanks to disastar and cosmicc on Modaco for posting the key sequence for starting the phone in Bootloader mode.