Connecting to Projrctors and Laptops

Guest The Kaiser Chief

Guest The Kaiser Chief

Hi all, hope someone can help.I am absolutely loving my Kaiser and want to connect it to:a) a projector via a cable;andb) to an old laptop running Windows 98 (what a relic!) so the phone acts as a modem so I can surf the net on the laptop wherever I go. Are these options possible and if so, how? Cheers.

Edited by The Kaiser Chief

Guest awarner (MVP)

From memory Windows 98 would not be supported as a modem, time to upgrade to XP as a minimum.

As for a projector, again this would not be possible as you would require a display output which the device does not have.

Guest The Kaiser Chief
From memory Windows 98 would not be supported as a modem, time to upgrade to XP as a minimum.

As for a projector, again this would not be possible as you would require a display output which the device does not have.

Thanks very much for the info. I've got another laptop running Vista which is fine. The advantage of the old one runing 98 is that it's a mini Sony Vaio and about half the size of a regular laptop so you can just slip it in your bag.I guess upgrading makes sense, I will need to do a RAM upgrade to make it usable.Shame about the projector, maybe it's possible over bluetooth somehow?Cheers.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...