Official New Rom: i900DZHH3

Guest GSeeker2

Guest CashMonkey
I'm wondering whether this battery thing IS related to the way we flash it? For example, did you all hard reset the phone each time straight away? It all seems to bizarre to be related to ROM versions...something else is going on here?

I think I opened my mouth too soon....a charge over night (while phone turned on), got up, uplugged the charger and went from the green light to 90% before I even touched it. Lunchtime now and 3 calls later I'm at 40%....unaaceptable again. This is on Samsungs official DZHH3 ROM...

Back to the drawing board (or I4)....

CashMonkey, I think for those who updated to HI1, do not have battery problems anymore. I for one am so glad I changed to HI1 from HH3. As you mentioned, the battery wouldn't last even on standby mode with HH3. Now, on HI1, it's been two days with my normal calls and text, and a lot of photo and video taking and it's still at 100%. Suffice to say, I'm a happy man ;) ....

Edited by PaSSoA

Guest Geronymous
CashMonkey, I think for those who updated to HI1, do not have battery problems anymore. I for one am so glad I changed to HI1 from HH3. As you mentioned, the battery wouldn't last even on standby mode with HH3. Now, on HI1, it's been two days with my normal calls and text, and a lot of photo and video taking and it's still at 100%. Suffice to say, I'm a happy man ;) ....

I am on HI1, and even though the battery seems to have improved from HH3, it is not that good... Yesterday morning it was full. I used it "normally" during the day, and at the end of the day it was at 60%... so far so good. After that I put it on flight mode, and in the morning it was at 10%... that is NOT good! Maybe there is a program running in the background that is the cause though... will try to find out.

On the other side, I would find it pretty suspect if your battery was still at 100% after 2 days... doesn't seem reliable either... it may just collapse any minute (I hope not!) :wacko:

Edited by Geronymous

Guest Testuser7
I am on HI1, and even though the battery seems to have improved from HH3, it is not that good... Yesterday morning it was full. I used it "normally" during the day, and at the end of the day it was at 60%... so far so good. After that I put it on flight mode, and in the morning it was at 10%... that is NOT good! Maybe there is a program running in the background that is the cause though... will try to find out.

On the other side, I would find it pretty suspect if your battery was still at 100% after 2 days... doesn't seem reliable either... it may just collapse any minute (I hope not!) ;)

After flashing ur OMNIA with a new firmware be it any version.. do a Hard Reset.

Flashed mine to HH3 and the battery was drained in no time.. I did a Hard Reset and recharged mine.. more than 9 hrs and still battery showing 95% after moderate use.

Guest CashMonkey
On the other side, I would find it pretty suspect if your battery was still at 100% after 2 days... doesn't seem reliable either... it may just collapse any minute (I hope not!) ;)

I agree - 100% still sounds like you're heading for a fast track to zero soon? Mine's been on 40% for the remainder of the day now....it does seem like some sort of calibration thing. Just a question, do you folk charge while the phone is on or turn off and charge say overnight?

Guest Geronymous
After flashing ur OMNIA with a new firmware be it any version.. do a Hard Reset.

Flashed mine to HH3 and the battery was drained in no time.. I did a Hard Reset and recharged mine.. more than 9 hrs and still battery showing 95% after moderate use.

I did do a hard reset... maybe even 2 if I remember well ;)

On the other side, I would find it pretty suspect if your battery was still at 100% after 2 days... doesn't seem reliable either... it may just collapse any minute (I hope not!) :wacko:

I agree - 100% still sounds like you're heading for a fast track to zero soon? Mine's been on 40% for the remainder of the day now....it does seem like some sort of calibration thing. Just a question, do you folk charge while the phone is on or turn off and charge say overnight?

Yup, I agree, find it a little strange as well, but after making more calls and texting today (no time for others) it "finally" dropped to 90% so it seems pretty accurate. I'm using magic button if anyone is wondering, so there are definitely no running programs in the background. I will update to see if it drops more rapidly later but I too am hoping it doesn't /crosses fingers.

Oh well... back to my reports... cheers ;)

Guest pdaphonemaster
I bit the bullet and upgraded to DXHI1 yesterday. So far no battery drain problem. I get similar battery life I got under DXHI1. Fingers crossed!

I meant to say DXHG4 in the last sentence.

Hey this is the new rom out for Singapore and Malaysia i900 users:

http://www.samsungmobile.com/promotion/omnia/sg/sub02_xp.jsp

Enjoy it.

I haven't tested it yet :wacko:

UPDATE: Yes, i've flashed it.

unfortunately, there is almost NOTHING new compared to DXHH3, NOTHING.

Storage/free: 90.76MB/49.56MB

Program/free: 96.71MB/59.62MB

WinCE 20270.1.3.1,

PDA: i900DXHH3/DZHH3 PHONE: i900DXHH3

Chinese Input is included

EDIT awarner (MVP)

Thank you GSeeker2 for the post, also thanks go to CDT & a guest poster by the name of DC for the intial report on the ROM's release.

Hi,

I'm new here so forgive my ignorance, ;)

I just bought new Omnia in the US the Rom is i900DXHG3/DXHG3

1. Can I Upgrade directly to the current official firmware i900DZHH3_updater_xp.exe which I already downloaded?

2. If something goes wrong, who should I send the device? is it back to US or can I sent to Europe? Or what?

3. What are all the firmware names I can see in these posts?

4. I have a problem with the world clock (I can't set it to GMT +2 Jerusalem) it is jumping to minsk all the time :-)

5. I can work wit IGO 8 only as wide screen is there a solution for that?

updated also from DXJH3 to DZHH3. i was also bit afraid as i saw many ppl had problem with upgrading the rom.

the only problem i have found is that wifi is just getting removed by its own, i dont know why.

touch screen is much more better than before + faster.

if someone can help me on wifi will be great

Edited by sector