Garmin Mobile XT Update: v5.00.10

Guest FAF_DRAKO

Guest FAF_DRAKO

Garmin Mobile XT v5.00.10<---Link

I highly recommend this update to all of you who currently run Garmin Mobile XT. This update seems to run much faster than before and they've added a crap load of features. This is an update so you'll already have to have a previous version of Garmin Mobile XT installed in order to use this. It will install over the older version from PC to Mobile using sync.

;)

Guest FAF_DRAKO

WOW, I just decided to jump in the Band Wagon and updated to WM6.1 and with this version of Garmin Mobile XT... WOW!!! This thing get all the SATs in the area as soon as Garmin Mobile XT Finishes Login in. First time I ever see the GPS work this freakin fast. Instant for me now.

I have NO "Modaco GPS Hack" Installed and it's running on Intermediate Drivers.

Also happy to report that my GPS now even works indoors DAMN!!! This new update lets you add a bunch of Car Icons by going to the Garmin's main Site under Vehicles.

Garmin Vehicles<---Direct Link

Edited by FAF_DRAKO

Guest Christien

Ive upgraded to the new version of xt and it works great most of the time. However Ive been getting a weird issue where the program will start in a different mode, "Intertidal Zone Border" and says I have a new peerpoint.. the program seems very bugged out until I reboot the phone and garmin starts correctly.. It seems to happen whenever I get a sms message of any kind and then try to run garmin.

Anyone else see this issue?

Guest Sed8ed

For those having issues with Garmin 5 it would seem it's even more sensitive to sms messages left in memory....delete older messages (in fact all you have stored that you dont need)..

I like this update, the GUI is much improved....pity the panning/map movement is still stuttered and not smooth as in Tom Tom on other devices. This is still probably the biggest issue Garmin need to attend to. There simply is no reason the movement of the map should be so stuttered as you move. The Hardwarre can handle a smoother map panning/scrolling.

So wish there were more applications available, it's been a year and yet support for this phone from other vendors is poor. I guess I shouldnt complain, at least garmin gives us GPS and keeps updating it.....

• 1 month later...
Guest APTEMbI4
For those having issues with Garmin 5 it would seem it's even more sensitive to sms messages left in memory....delete older messages (in fact all you have stored that you dont need)..

I like this update, the GUI is much improved....pity the panning/map movement is still stuttered and not smooth as in Tom Tom on other devices. This is still probably the biggest issue Garmin need to attend to. There simply is no reason the movement of the map should be so stuttered as you move. The Hardwarre can handle a smoother map panning/scrolling.

So wish there were more applications available, it's been a year and yet support for this phone from other vendors is poor. I guess I shouldnt complain, at least garmin gives us GPS and keeps updating it.....

Speaking of the stuttered movement.. I've tried Garmin 4 and 5 on my BJ II and I think they are unusable for driving. Map refreshes are just too slow comparing to even the cheapest $100 GPS.

Sed8ed, did you get TomTom to work on your BJII? Any good? What about Copilot? I mean is there a usable GPS app with turn by turn instructions for BJII?

Guest H.Flores
Speaking of the stuttered movement.. I've tried Garmin 4 and 5 on my BJ II and I think they are unusable for driving. Map refreshes are just too slow comparing to even the cheapest $100 GPS.

Sed8ed, did you get TomTom to work on your BJII? Any good? What about Copilot? I mean is there a usable GPS app with turn by turn instructions for BJII?

No stuttering on my BJII works perfect- I love it loads within 3 seconds I get strong sat. signal even in spots where I have no signal on my phone

No stuttering on my BJII works perfect- I love it loads within 3 seconds I get strong sat. signal even in spots where I have no signal on my phone

Unfortunately Flores it does stutter..on every single BJII...even yours. There is a half second delay as the map pans as you move....it's present on all BJII's and is a on a software level. Nothing fixes it.....baudrate increase does nothing.

If you compare it to Tom Tom on say an AT&T 8525 or TYTN II it's slow. The map does move but it's not smooth. Maybe you should try turning a tight corner or doing a U-Turn and let us know how you go....on my AT&T 8525 it was as smooth as glass, the map moved in direct time with my car.....very sensitive. The BJII is not like this...

I've been loitering around the i617 thread here since it's beginning...you would be the only person who has stated that it doesnt stutter....it's only very short but does affect the scrolling of the map, we all have the same hardware so I'd assume you dont have much to compare it too!!!

The Garmin has always been fast to load.....and reasonable in time to lock (mines always been really good and faster since Garmin 5 and Winmo 6.1)...

Edited by Sed8ed

Guest Quang05BlkBoxsterS n Omnia

I had iGuidance 4 N. America (discontinued in Sep) bc the 2009 came out last month. However it still rocks. GPS lock between 40 sec to one minute flat almost every time from a cold start (off over a few hours or from a reset). Then it took only 4 to 5sec GPS lock within a couple hours from a standby or GPS off. Re-calculation is fast before I know it. It even plays a demo with realistic mph from start to destination for the selected route.

YES I got an indoor GPS lock at 6/10 scale within 70 ft radius INSIDE a one-story building on a very cloudy and likely to rain day, and so far it happened once within several minutes after a previous lock. A-GPS Google map via wifi on Omnia showing an accurate deep blue dot right on top of the building where I was inside within a large blue circle. Its A-GPS accuracy kicks iPhone ass which only showed a big blue circle and no blue dot.

Guest mercadocel

I can't find any satellite. I installed this version, unistalled the Modaco Hack and GPIDS. I click on GPS intermediate driver but I don't get any sat.

What can I do?