Storage Card Not Working Anymore

Guest scaleyphish

Guest scaleyphish

I have a SanDisk 2GB memory card in my BJII and I have been using it for about a year now with no problems. Today I tried saving an attachment to my storage card and I noticed that I could not find the directory. I then tried to access in through the "my stuff" folder in the start menu and I got an error saying that the card could not be found. I have restarted a few times and also tried taking the card out and putting it back in a couple of times. Has anyone had this problem? Does anyone know of anything that I could do? I appreciate the help in advance.

Guest awarner (MVP)

Normally a reboot is enough when the phone stops seeing the card, is the battery low on charge?

Also try checking the card on the pc with a card reader incase the card is faulty.

I have a SanDisk 2GB memory card in my BJII and I have been using it for about a year now with no problems. Today I tried saving an attachment to my storage card and I noticed that I could not find the directory. I then tried to access in through the "my stuff" folder in the start menu and I got an error saying that the card could not be found. I have restarted a few times and also tried taking the card out and putting it back in a couple of times. Has anyone had this problem? Does anyone know of anything that I could do? I appreciate the help in advance.

Strange...the same thing happened to mine this morning!

It's also a 2Gb SanDisk that I've been using without any problems.

I also rebooted the phone to check & finally could see the card.

However, it's empty!!

I went to my computer to take a look inside the card & it's empty!!

Checking the properties of the card in the BJII (Memory information) & Windows Explorer on my laptop reveals that there's 400+Mb used & 1500+Mb left.

But, I can't see any files at all.

What's causing this problem?

All I did was take out the card & plug it in & all the files are gone.

I hope this does not happen that often or I'll have to rebuild my card contents each time...time to backup the Storage Card.

Konker

Guest scaleyphish

So I tried putting the card into my computer and was unable to access the card and got a device failure error. I guess the card is buted. Is there any kind of manufacturer's warranty or do I just need to get a new card. I thought these flash memory cards were extremely stable....guess not.

Oh well...thanks for the suggestions, I appreciate it.