WM6.1 Send New Text message

Guest mortikahn

Guest mortikahn

Why? Why in the bloody hell did someone decide it was a good idea to make the to: box on a new sms message default to numeric input. Wm6 defaulted to alpha and allowed me to type in a name. I realize that WM6.1 will fill in the recipient from my address book, if i type part of the name, so why does the input box default to numeric, and where can i change the default back to alpha input.

Of course its only a simple press of the fn button to revert to alpha input, but I have to bloody remember to press it BEFORE i type out some persons name, and end up with a bunch of nonsense numbers.

Guest jmj 4 life
I take it from the lack of response, that either no one else has this issue, or no one knows any way of altering the setting.

This has been discussed in other threads. I don't know a way to change settings but it's not too difficult to press Fn and then type the name.

If you text someone pretty frequently you can always just use the same threaded text message and reply. instead of starting a new one each time.