Android on i900?

Guest us1111

Guest Ulrar

May be I can help.

Linux is not a problem for me, and many programming language arn't too (including C/C++).

Just, I havn't work on an OS project yet, so, don't know how dificult it is ^^.

But I can begin by compiling your code on linux, if you want ?

Or something else ..

Just let me know ;-)

Guest whiplash000

Right now, I'm working to get a working, compilable copy of the kernel from Fella so I can upload to the SVN server and anyone can get the code and work on it. The project's current forum (till we get settled in to sourceforge) is here. If you can beat Fella to getting me a zipped (or tarballed) copy of the 2.6.29 kernel that compiles, all the better <_<

EDIT: also, I know very little about the inner workings of linux and even less of ARM assembly, but I learn as I go along :)

Edited by whiplash000

Guest FeLLa_
May be I can help.

Linux is not a problem for me, and many programming language arn't too (including C/C++).

Just, I havn't work on an OS project yet, so, don't know how dificult it is ^^.

But I can begin by compiling your code on linux, if you want ?

Or something else ..

Just let me know ;-)

heya welcome!

next days i need help patching a few kernel modules and creating few bash scripts for starting android

Guest FeLLa_

could anybody patch the pxafb.c (kernel/drivers/video/pxafb.c) with this patch file pls?

i have to say that the patch is usually for kernel 2.6.23 an adds the "pan" and the "double framebuffer" functions.

on our kernel 2.6.29 the "pan" function is now integrated... but not the double framebuffer!

so can anyone add the double framebuffer function to our pxafb.c file please?

i'm not a good C'ler icon_e_sad.gif

i found two .patch files on the net.

dont know which is the correct or the better for us icon_e_sad.gif

pxafb.rar

Guest Chris_J_Lewis

My girlfriend recently got a HTC Magic on UK Vodafone. This thing runs Android and uses an on screen kb. There is no hardware keyboard at all.

Could something from this software be of use?

Chris

Guest bpivk
--bump--

keep up the great work guys!

You can stop bumping the thread because:

1. they use their own forum and you can track them there

2. they will post here when they reach an important breakthrough

So you can leave the first page for relevant topics and for people that actually contribute.

Guest FeLLa_
You can stop bumping the thread because:

1. they use their own forum and you can track them there

2. they will post here when they reach an important breakthrough

So you can leave the first page for relevant topics and for people that actually contribute.

to 1: yeh thats right but it is only a DEVELOPERS forum and not a competition to modaco! we cant post on 20 forums.....!!

to 2: we made a breakthrough last days... ulrar managed to activate the doublebuffer/page flipping at the pxa framebuffer!!! that means we started into an old version of android (0.9) but it hangs after few seconds.... but we save the power for cupcake now <_<

@ Chris_J_Lewis

no because we need the keyboard before android is starting. but thx :)

@ Akshay_LP

thx for feedback B)

Guest Turborepu

i have their forum on my favs here on my phone. it is definately looking promising. still a long way to go but its moving along. too bad i have the i910, even when they do get up and running, it might take a moment to port it.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Wikidomdom

Hi everyone :D

The team got know a full touchscreen support and back button mapped to phone end key! Android can also boot with a fake battery driver so you can navigate your phone through this OS.

Still a lot to do!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Tim-H
Hi everyone,

i am new to this forum. any news on this one?

GO HERE

There is a sticky at the top of the page. It is easy to blow by, but all the news and updates for this have moved to the link I posted.