New Rom question

Guest shollywood

Guest Neil5459
Do the ROMS matter whether the phone is GSM or CDMA versions?

I believe so- even though the difference should just be within the Radio ROM, there may well be inherent differences in the connection manager etc. And as many of the ROMs include a Radio ROM, it would possibly cause irreparable damage.

Guest shollywood
I believe so- even though the difference should just be within the Radio ROM, there may well be inherent differences in the connection manager etc. And as many of the ROMs include a Radio ROM, it would possibly cause irreparable damage.

I appreciate the response. If then one has the CDMA version of the phone, how would one find new ROM's specific to that device? It doesn't seem to specify, though assuming everything on here is GSM related.

Guest Neil5459
I appreciate the response. If then one has the CDMA version of the phone, how would one find new ROM's specific to that device? It doesn't seem to specify, though assuming everything on here is GSM related.

CDMA is a very limited protocol these days- mainly in North America and Japan, so few CDMA devices are in circulation. I don't know of any CDMA sepcific ROM updates for the Diamond.

You would be better posing the question in the XDA-Developers forum, under the Diamond section. Someone will definitely know if you can use a GSM ROM on a CDMA device ;)