6.1 with GPS

Guest ntrueman

Guest ntrueman

I purchased an AT&T branded blackjack 2 from Target and of course the GPS was disabled. I installed the hack from this site and still my Copilot SW could not find the GPS. Next I upgraded to Windows Mobile 6.1 and still the Copilot SW cannot find the GPS. Then I thought I'd try the hack again but this time it will not install so I assume its not compatible with 6.1???

Any ideas on what I can do to make my Blackjack2 work with CoPilot 7 Live?

Hi

I've just gone through the pain of upgrading from WM 6 to WM 6.1

Prior to the upgrade I had garmin mobile xt version 4 functioning ok (ok if you call a 5 minute lock time acceptable)

I decided to uprgade as I heard this fixed the GPS drivers issues on the BJ2.

Having gone through the process can I stress to you that I do think the WM6.1 bios locks the gps driver again (even if you had unlocked it previously) and in my experience I needed both the sda application unlocker and the surreal networks cab as well as rebooting FOUR (yes four) times to get Garmin 5 (free upgrade from 4) to acquire any satellites at all.

Now that I've gone through the pain it seems a-gps is on by default as you get almost instant lock as soon as you turn on garmin.

I'm now very happy

By using those two unlockers and doing some registry tweaking I have virgin mobile australia humming along nicely including gprs and ics using bluetooth pan with my eeepc.

I've also ditched phone alarm sp and facade as I find the WM6.1 interfance (with the panels customised using chome configurator) to be simply better !

there is no need to do any unlock if you are using the latest version of garmin mobile xt. I have wm 6.1 with garmin and I did not have to install any hacks to get it to work.

Guest Sed8ed
there is no need to do any unlock if you are using the latest version of garmin mobile xt. I have wm 6.1 with garmin and I did not have to install any hacks to get it to work.

Correct....If your running Garmin for the first time since upgrading you need to leave it in an outside environment for it to search for the GPS and get a lock...the first lock does take a while as it's an initialization....after that it should be back to business.

If you have garmin installed to Storage card you only need install it again when prompted (inserting card after upgrade) and then run it as usual...it will figure itself out. If not just start it a few times and you should be good to go. Takes a bit to initialize first time about!!!...

It's best to intialize it before upgrading to Garmin 5.....then the upgrade goes smoothly and it will work properly first boot after the upgrade....this was my experience anyway.