Diamond (MDA4) coming my way, advice please

Guest Cyrusir

Guest Cyrusir

Been flipping a coin between the omnia and the diamond for a few weeks now, but last night i got a cracking deal on an mda4 so ive decided to give it a go, i can always move it on if ive made the wrong decision ;)

Anyway, it needs unlocking, i think im ok with what i need to do there.

Then ill need to flash the rom, again ive got a guide so im just wondering if there is a consensus on what radio and what rom is best to use? Itll be mostly used for phoning and texting, a little wireless and a little gps, wouldnt be a heavy user generally.

Thanks all

Guest stunno
Been flipping a coin between the omnia and the diamond for a few weeks now, but last night i got a cracking deal on an mda4 so ive decided to give it a go, i can always move it on if ive made the wrong decision ;)

Then ill need to flash the rom, again ive got a guide so im just wondering if there is a consensus on what radio and what rom is best to use? Itll be mostly used for phoning and texting, a little wireless and a little gps, wouldnt be a heavy user generally.

Thanks all

For the ROM advice have a loook at xda developers there is loads of info on there. Bepe's rom seems to get good reports

btw what was the 'cracking deal' and where did you get it?

Guest Cyrusir
For the ROM advice have a loook at xda developers there is loads of info on there. Bepe's rom seems to get good reports

btw what was the 'cracking deal' and where did you get it?

the xda dev site is a bit overwhelming for the uninitiated, is there a consensus on the 'best' rom, i had heard duttys was good?

I got an unused mda4 from ebay for £220 delivered to my door.

Guest captainsensible

Try the SwiftBlade V7 ROM. Stable as a rock and very quick.

As for radio, 1.25.0.5 is considered the best one, although 1.25.0.7 is also good - they're both significantly better than the stock radio on the MDA4 anyway.

As has been said, persevere with xda-developers... there are plenty of guides there on how to flash, including the all important HardSPL.

Guest anekmehta

i've recently got a diamond on orange...would love if you could expand on that so i might do the same...

Guest andybarker

When I tried a few of the firmwares on XDA, I decided that the following:

Stock HTC

Works great, much quicker than T-Mobile firmware in every way - mainly quicker more reliable.

Still have to install latest .NET framework for some applications (and therefore use up memory)

SwiftBL

Pretty much the same as HTC, but includes latest versions of .NET framework and other software.

Dutty

Didn't use for long, as was too different to stock firmware (programs included, Programs folder layout different). Probably best for hardcore users that want to eek out the best performance / memory space.

I would suggest SwiftBL if you want something more like the normal Diamond firmware (either HTC or T-Mobile), and Dutty if you want the most memory / performance optimized version. I went for Swift, as I just want a nice reliable easy to use device.