Voicemal System SMS notification

Guest Voss

I have i616 (same as i617 but in canada for those who dont know ;) ). Provider Rogers. Every time anyone leaves me voicemail I get text notification in the messages inbox 'New Voicemail'. So my home screen shows: "1 new SMS, 1 new Voice". If I then call voicemail number, listen to the message and delete it my home screen will tell me "1 new SMS, 0 new Voice"! So I have to MANUALLY go to the messges and read darn useless "New Voice mail" notification!

1) Is this annoyance specific for my provider Roges or any of you other provider guys getting it?

2) How to get rid of this text notification?

Thanks

I have i616 (same as i617 but in canada for those who dont know :lol: ). Provider Rogers. Every time anyone leaves me voicemail I get text notification in the messages inbox 'New Voicemail'. So my home screen shows: "1 new SMS, 1 new Voice". If I then call voicemail number, listen to the message and delete it my home screen will tell me "1 new SMS, 0 new Voice"! So I have to MANUALLY go to the messges and read darn useless "New Voice mail" notification!

1) Is this annoyance specific for my provider Roges or any of you other provider guys getting it?

Thanks

So noone can even take a minute and answer if they do/dont have same annoyance? Thanks guys! :D

Guest dtphantom

calm down some people don't spend all day looking at forums.

but for your question my BJ2 doesn't do that on ATT i just get the new voicemail message. It sounds like thats something with your carrier you should talk to them and ask them to stop send you the text message.

Guest awarner (MVP)

Voicemail SMS notification is something the network is responsible for. In the UK for example, O2 send an SMS notification, Orange just give you a voicemail icon and Vodafone try to call you about five times to let you know you have a message and then send you an SMS.

As for stopping the SMS being sent to you, the only option may be to find a network that does not notifiy you in this way.

Guest skiergary
I have i616 (same as i617 but in canada for those who dont know :lol: ). Provider Rogers. Every time anyone leaves me voicemail I get text notification in the messages inbox 'New Voicemail'. So my home screen shows: "1 new SMS, 1 new Voice". If I then call voicemail number, listen to the message and delete it my home screen will tell me "1 new SMS, 0 new Voice"! So I have to MANUALLY go to the messges and read darn useless "New Voice mail" notification!

Thanks

I had the same problem back in the days when using an unlocked razor with cingular which now is att. What u can try is to hard reset ur phone and or check your network settings for data and sms.