ATT IM application

Guest Sed8ed

Guest Sed8ed

Hi...have updated to WM6.1 and noticed the inclusion of the IM application within the programs section of the phone. Previously I ran AIM (beta) as a seperate app but have since tried this new version, I cant login and I suspect it has something to do with it being AT&T reliant/tied in....I'm in Australia and have so far managed to get BT pan/ICS running with my provider by changing a few registry entries...I'm wondering if it's a similiar situation with the IM app for Live, Yahoo, AOL.....

Has anybody got it running on an unlocked BJII with WM6.1....

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.....would be really good to use the built in IM.

ICS originally didnt work with any other provider until registry entries were changed....after that I was able to select my own provider and connect easily....I'm hoping a reg edit will see IM working the same way.

Guest thelostsoul

Ya know how on TV or in ads they sometimes say "send a text message to 12345" or some other short number like that? Those are setup by the carrier, and that's what the built in IM (OZ messenger) uses. Text messages, and it is specific to ATT's codes.

I would like to note though, that you are missing out on NOTHING. OZ messenger has a huge delay in messaging, you're better off either getting another program (I recommend Palringo) or if you really want to use sms for AIM, setup AIM forwarding on the aim website.