Windows Mobile v S60

Guest Anfloyd

Guest Anfloyd

Migrating from being a staunch symbian user I have to say I am quietly impressed with the last couple of WM devices that I have owned. However, there are still one or two areas that WM seem to be lagging behind symbian with. Only little things like;

1. Why still haven't we got youtube compatible flash straight out of the box?

2. When choosing to browse the web via wifi do I have to navigate to comm manager first to turn it on? What's wrong with opening a web browser or any type of application that requires web access, then having windows ask you how you would like to connect, as with S60.

3. As above with bluetooth. When viewing an item with an S60 device and you choose to send it via bluetooth, the device will switch it on for you without having to go to any kind of wireless manager to turn it on then back to the file you wanna send.

With the news that BBC iplayer is available on the iphone now and also S60 devices, (I've viewed it on my N95, it's soooo impressive!) I can't help feeling that WM is being left behind when there is absolutely no reason it should be. The omnia is just one WM device which is more than capable of coping with a streaming app like this.

As I said earlier, I am impressed with windows mobile, but I was kind of hoping that my shiny new sleek Omnia would put my trusty N95 into a well deserved retirement. But alas. Not just yet.

Would be pleased to hear any comments regarding WM versus S60.

• 1 month later...
Guest shollywood

I actually got rid of my Omnia and went back to S60 device. I've taken the plunge and went back to a Win Mobile device the Renoir, for now. I think I'm pretty set on going back to Symbian when the 5800 is released. Symbian just seems to be alot more user friendly for reasons you have outlined below. Also, from what I've experienced and read, it seems Windows Mobile devices and wi-fi seem to have issues. Why....I'm not sure.