blackjack2 mods= incorrect voicemail # shown/stuck

Guest salon225

Guest salon225

Newbie here! I have had my blackjack for months now, but haven't done any mods until lately.

I first loaded the following and the programs were working great!... for ONE day...

SDA unlocker (on desktop) (LEDalert, Alpha Dialer and a skin that works with Facade... the skin now messed up.. now the phone doesn't update changes to my Voicemail. it's been stuck on 3 voicemail even when there are new ones or the vm is empty... arghhh!) I did delete some things in File Explorer, but nothing except multmedia links I never use... mulitmedia is turned off on my phone... no texting and no internet just to be clear.

Then I installed:

Modaco smartphone GPS activator..(had attempted to run the app- GPS Utilities... did not find GPS Bluetooth on my BJ2 after many attempts so I removed the GPS activator after the fact of reading it could cause problems... )

There are lots of trial programs I am trying out right now... my concern losing the free trial days I have left on them if a hard reset was done... and more importantly my data is correctly backed up (though not sure how to restore it?)... my cell pictures are fine and backed up.. but not sure how to see if all my CONTACTS are backed up correctly. When I bought this phone it took me months to get all my (several hundred) business clients (up to 3 phone numbers each) back on my phone. thsi is very important that my contacts can be fully restored if I were to lose them during a hard reset? Is that what happens?

The skin I was enjoying so well, is all messed up and not working correctly. One other issue is the phone will sometimes not go dark (sleep mode?) and the screen was running down my battery very quickly(since last night after modaco gps install).

Don't really want to do a hard reset, but if I need to, how can I make sure that my important data is backed up and can be restored afterwards? Will I lose the days left on my trials (or if I install them again will they start anew???)

What would YOU do to correct this mess? Any answers are appreciated!

Edited by salon225

Guest awarner (MVP)

Welcome to the site ;)

With the voicemail icon being stuck try leaving yourself a message, listen to it and then delete. Once you have deleted the message then wait for awhile and see if the icon clears.

This is a known fault with Orange in the UK and it may be similar where you are so worth a try.

The other option is to call the network and ask them to reset for you.