Complete install guide for Manila (TouchFlo 2D) on i900

Guest robf80

Guest nowayasway23
Runs wonderfully well on my Omnia HI3. Did some tweaking and I have 33MB in Storage together with my PIM and some programs that I have installed in My Device.

1. To prevent overlapping of background in all tabs, place hh_fw_background.png(240x400) to My DEVICE > Windows

2. My DEVICE > Windows > ManilaGFX folder can be deleted. I found out that this folder isn't in used. Able to save off 2MB in your phone.

3. HOW-TO rearrange the tabs or hide tabs that you do not need - read this.

4. HTC Album - Fixed Screen Resolution for i900 Instructions

5. Fixed Weather tab to fit screen resolution for i900 Instructions

6. Fixed Email tab to fit screen resolution for i900 Instructions

*Opal CommManager 2.7.1.8_Black.CAB

- Settings > Phone - OK

- Settings > Bluetooth - OK

- Settings > Wireless LAN - not working (doesn't bring up the wireless point page)

And here is the zip with all necessary files I have used for installation, please read instruction. Of course, a million thanks to robf80 who started this thread and everyone in http://forum.xda-developers.com who made this possible!

DOWNLOAD Manila TF2D for Samsung Omnia (ONLY FOR WORLDWIDE ENGLISH ROM)

I have added the weather, email fixes in this update.

I have uninstall/reinstall countless times without any hard reset, but do back up all your files just in case. B)

screenshot02yg1.pngscreenshot03ti7.pngscreenshot04uh1.png

Thanks kaer. I follow ur installation instruction until 12. Install Manila2D_1.00_1819.2926.CAB, my device telling out of storage which i can't proceed further installation. Any clue how should i free out more storage?

Thanks in advance.

version.bmp

Guest erichkooi

Installed and it works great except the HTC Task Manager.

Did anyone manage to get HTC Task Manager to work on Omnia?

If yes, could you please help me out.

Many thanks.

Guest smilepak
Installed and it works great except the HTC Task Manager.

Did anyone manage to get HTC Task Manager to work on Omnia?

If yes, could you please help me out.

Many thanks.

It gives you the Task icon in the programs area, but if you mean for it to have it on the top bar like TouchFlo, can't figure that too..

Guest bluetang

hi guys,great thread

i currently use spb shell and untill i'm bored of it i'll stick to it

but everyday i become curious and i'm tempted to install it

can you plaese answer me a couple of questions?

1.does installation affect omnia's battery life?i have almost 4 days with big usage

2.the latest update is on the first page?or in the post 377(which by the way isn't working

thanks

p.s the link in post #377 isn't working!

Edited by bluetang

Guest erichkooi
It gives you the Task icon in the programs area, but if you mean for it to have it on the top bar like TouchFlo, can't figure that too..

yes, smilepak. I am referring to top bar icon where we able to close applications with status of ram display. I tried many version of HTC Task Manager but none of it success. sigh...

hi thr..can anyone help me..?

my screen is still not full. i followed the steps by replacing the new xml settings and paste it to windows of my device but by doin that it says 'tap to launch...' (cannot open at all)

so,i undo that....

maybe someone can give me the edited xml settings again and teach me whr exactly to put them...

thx

Guest erichkooi
hi thr..can anyone help me..?

my screen is still not full. i followed the steps by replacing the new xml settings and paste it to windows of my device but by doin that it says 'tap to launch...' (cannot open at all)

so,i undo that....

maybe someone can give me the edited xml settings again and teach me whr exactly to put them...

thx

HI Bumby8, i think u can check on #65

http://www.modaco.com/content-page/273892/...n-i900/page/60/

Just done this on my mate's Omnia and it worked fine and looks cool but there are two problems:

1) Even though I installed it, I cant find the HTC theme (file 13)

2) The "Audio Manager" in the Music part of TouchFlo crashes the phone or makes it verrrry slow

Other than that, all good B)

hi erichkooi,

still cannot ... i can see xmlsettings in

1)mobile device dir

2)mobile device dir/windows

3)mobile device dir/windows/startup

so where do i put them? all three or only 1 of them? have tried both also cant. can somebody pls check the xml settings in all 3 places and give me the correct settings....

i have this 3 settings :

HTCHomeSettings.xml

HTCHomeSettings.xml

HTCHomeSettings.xml

Guest foxmylife

Hi guys,

My Comm Manager is a real mess. The lines that separate the type of connection (wifi, phone...) are moving everytime I clic on one "on" or "off" and the buttons at the bottom are not wroking so it is kind of hard to access the setup of wifi or bluetooth.

Is there someone who can help ?

Thank you !

Instead of the included gmaps cab, I installed the new 2.3 version. Now the maps tab does not search gmaps. Just lists the query and that is it. Is there anything that is installed with that cab that would not be included in the typical cab from google?

Thanks

Guest eric luu

I install the cab # 7 and it saids unsucessful installed. What should i do? i install the rest already but couldn't get the Outlook & Picture .cab #7. can you please help

Guest smilepak
I install the cab # 7 and it saids unsucessful installed. What should i do? i install the rest already but couldn't get the Outlook & Picture .cab #7. can you please help

The instruction is out of squences. Install the rest and do #7 last, it will work.

Guest Kubilay K

i installed all files, it seem okey,

i have two problems

----------

1.it is not fit my screen (i saw xml file but i dont know solving this problem)

2.in weather tab Add Location, when i select - select screen is disabled, and keyboard disabled, i cant write my city name etc.

Thank you

----------------------

QUOTE(eric luu @ Dec 13 2008, 07:24)

------------------

you should soft reset than try it will be okey.

Guest iseelamepple

hello, i would really appreciate if someone could upload the file to mediafire (again). rapidshare is a huge pain.

the link on post 377 by nowayasway23 isn't working either.

i've tried searching for alternative mirrors on the net, only coming across a 10.4mb version of the zip. i assume that's from a previous update.

anyway it didn't work on my omnia, firmware i900DXHJ1/DZHJ1. followed the instructions inside, managed to complete most of the steps. (some png files couldn't be copied/deleted cos of read-only, i figured some graphical glitches was no big deal)

once the whole procedure was complete, i activated touchflo on today screen and nothing happened. (a yes/no confirm screen came up the first time whether i trusted it)

------

from what i've seen this is a great interface and i really don't think people should be hindered by lack of download sources.

because the availability of the file is so bad, at least for those who can't access rapidshare, here's the mediafire link that i used: http://www.mediafire.com/file/jttnjhojtmd/...ate18_Omnia.zip

maybe someone will have better luck with it. meantime, will a kind soul PLEASE upload the newest update on mediafire? i'll be eternally grateful. :rolleyes:

Edited by iseelamepple

Hey guys. I am really tempted to install this interface. really looks good.

However there are some issues that i would like to know.

I see that in the first page. after installing there will only be 5MB of storage memory in device left? that would left me unable to install more 3rd party apps? and does the youtube app works? i see that the icon is in screenshots you guys posted. but however first thread said it doesnt work?

And if i do not hard reset my phone, roughly how much space is needed in device memory to install this interface?

But my most concern is still the storage space. After doing the full installation, how much storage memory would be left?

Help will be greatly appreciated.

Guest PearlMikeJam

Hi All.

I have followed the instructions for installing on my Verizon i910. Everything looks great, but I cannot get the wifi working with the comm manager. I have edited the registry to include everything in the brackets plus the (everything in the brackets) \TNETW12511\JAGUARGSP1 and (everything in the brackets) \JAGUARGSP1. I have also changed it to read JAGUARGSPI both ways and neither works. I love TF2D, but need to be able to get to the wifi. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for the help.

Guest hansdotcom

Firstly, I apologise in advance if this has been answered elsewhere.

That said - I've spent the better part of 2 hours trawling the forums, and am still not feeling confident enough to go ahead, so thought I'd ask...

I am an Australian Optus user with an Omnia. Have had it for 2 months, and finally given up on customising the interface to my liking.

It looks like Manila 2D will do what I'm looking for, but I'm hesitant to install until I know which version to download, and that it will be compatible with my ROM.

From what I can tell under MyDevice Version Info, I have the following info:

PDA: i900DFHJ6/DFHJ6

PHONE: i900 XXHJ1

I have seen lots of other versions mentioned in the M2D threads, but can't find reference to the above. Are there any other users that started with the above versions?

Do I need to update the official Samsung firmware before downloading M2D? If so, where should I get this from (I have found a singapore based download site - not sure if it would work for me)

Also, which version of M2D should I get - I am normally OK at picking this kind of stuff up, but struggling with all the different versions that seem to be floating around!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Guest ionfist

Managed to install new google maps with street view

i don't know if this is already answered but here goes :rolleyes:

1) download google maps from your omnia and install it to device memory

2) go to Program files and copy the folder GoogleMaps somewhere else that you can find it later

3) go to Application Data on the device memory and copy the folder GoogleMaps near to the other GoogleMaps folder from program files

CAUTION - do not overwrite them, they have the same name :(:P

4) now unistall it and make sure you delete the GoogleMaps folder in Application Data

5) install file 12.GoogleMaps_compressed that comes with the instructions

6) delete from Program files and Application Data the folder GoogleMaps

7) paste the folders that you save previously to Program files and Application Data respectively

Notes: first time i didn't replace the GoogleMaps folder in Application Data and i was getting some menus in other language so be sure to follow the steps, i think they are very simple.

Enjoy :)

Guest jimmyinmd

I've read most of the thread, but I'm sort of confused.

What is the better way to go?

1) Load a ROM with this included?

2) Load this on factory ROM?

Can this brick my phone?

Does the media player work well?

Is it as fast as the Samsung UI?

Thanks for answering my newb questions.