Complete install guide for Manila (TouchFlo 2D) on i900

Guest robf80

Guest erichkooi
hi erichkooi,

still cannot ... i can see xmlsettings in

1)mobile device dir

2)mobile device dir/windows

3)mobile device dir/windows/startup

so where do i put them? all three or only 1 of them? have tried both also cant. can somebody pls check the xml settings in all 3 places and give me the correct settings....

i have this 3 settings :

Hi Gumby8, sorry for late reply i was no time to check on the forum.

what I did i follow exactly instruction below and it work like charm. There would be unsuccess installing on "7.Enchasements.OUTLOOK.and.PICTURE.cab" but I did was I installed everything and i reinstall the "7.Enchasements.OUTLOOK.and.PICTURE.cab" and it was ok.

Hope this would help you.

I am using Omnia with latest firmware.

----------------------------

INSTRUCTION from M2D

----------------------------

Here is my guide to getting Manila 2D working on a Samsung Omnia i900.

I did not have any involvement in the development of the programs I have attached.

1. Hard reset your device if you can (not compulsary but advisable)

2. Move the DiamondQVGA.tsk and Hh_fw_background.png in the "Files" folder to "My Documents" on your device

3. Go to "Settings" then "Today" and select "DiamondQVGA" theme

4. Open "Hh_fw_background.png" located in my documents on your device and set as "Today Background"

5. Disable any Items in the Today Settings

6. In the Manila folder install file "1". All CAB files should be installed on device main memory and not My storage.

7. After file is installed go back to "Today Items" in "Settings" and disable "TouchFlo"

8. I would soft reset at this point but probably not nessecary

9. In the Manila folder install file "2" M2D Patch

10. I would soft reset at this point but probably not nessecary

11. Install the rest of the files 3 to 12 in the manila folder soft resetting the device if told to by the installations. Yes you do need to install Gmaps as it wont work in the M2D maps widget.

12. You now have a choice you can skip this and go to step 13 which is easier and better or you can - Leave the installation here and you will have a dark blue skin which will not fill your screen. You will have to edit HTCHomeSettings.xml located in the windows directory of your device, once edited to suit omnia resolution you will need to put HTCHomeSettings.xml in the windows/manilaGFX directory of your device. You will also have to put hh_fw_background.png into the same directory. Jump to step 15.

13. The best way is to ignore step 12 and install file "13" in manila folder this will give the HTC Standard Theme which is nice.

14. For the MBarvian Touchflo 3d Skin I have already edited the HTCHomeSttings.xml to suit the omnia resolution. Move ._HTCHomeSttings.xml, HTCHomeSttings.xml and hh_fw_background.png from the manila/files folder to the windows folder of your device.

15. I would soft reset at this point but probably not nessecary

16. When the device starts go to "settings" then "today" then "items" and enable "TouchFlo"

17. You will need to edit the registry to be able to use the CommManager to enable/disable WiFi. Go to HKLM/software/drivers/WLAN and check that AdapterName is JAGUARGSP1. Go to HKLM/software/HTC/CommManager/WLAN and replace the name after the \TNETW12511 with \JAGUARGSP1. DO NOT edit the contents in the brackets only the name after the \.

18. That should be it!

hi erich..

followed that as well but still cant. i think i shld install mbarvian(13) but do not hav enuf memory left...sigh..this apparently the xml been edited.

so..no choice but to change it manually but do knw wch dir to put them...

Guest iclickjohn

Ugg, I know someone is hateing me for this....

I have also had the issue with half screen touch-flo. I have the Verizon Ominia i900. I have everything else working. Totalcommander the wifi good. New Gmaps w/ street view good. Audio player fixed.

I have also used every HTChomesettings.xml file found in this forum as well as xda-dev. and ppcgeeks. None of them make the full screen. Only the

repeating touch to launch, ad nausium. I have also disabled touch flo while doing so. I have also soft reset while doing so. About 15 times, different ways, each xml file found everywhere here. I'm working 100% fine otherwise and I could live without it, but I am JEALOUS of everyone here that has the full screen. It looks so nice, and you can see more contacts and programs. I see others with the same problem that is to no avail as well. "please" with sugar.

I am simply dragging the new xml file over to windows of omnia and overwriting. I read the post about making sure the "hide protected operating systems files" is unticked and select " show hidden files and folders" But I don't see where that is done. I am using an XP to transfer the files ( I also have the new versions saved on "my storage" which I have tried to install from the phone itself.)

Edited by iclickjohn

The HTC Audio Manager v2.0.1819.2129 didn't run well in my Omnia too. I saw the same problem posted in #112 and #324:

1) Post #112

http://www.modaco.com/content-page/273892/...-i900/page/100/

2) Post #324

http://www.modaco.com/content-page/273892/...-i900/page/320/

But so far, I didn't see any workable solution to fix this problem here. Should I hard reset the phone and start from scratch again?

In addition, I also received the error message "Failed to get Youtube security cookie" when I trying to view the video in YoutubePlay. Do I miss out anything in the Opera browser configuration setting?

Guest picky-picasso

No one else gets a 80004005 error with active sync after installing this M2D interface? It's pretty (though memory intensive) and I like it, but once it's installed, I cannot sync the device at all. Says it can't synchronize delete the partnerships, blah blah blah.. of course that doesn't do anything (as if it EVER does with these errors.)

grr... it's frustrating. After all that time installing I'm kind of fond of the 20meg interface. But now... I mean I won't be able to use it if I can't sync.

pp

Guest Clanegie

Hi there everybody.... I'm stucked on the registry edit section to get the WLAN working.

17. You will need to edit the registry to be able to use the CommManager to enable/disable WiFi.

Go to HKLM/software/drivers/WLAN and check that AdapterName is JAGUARGSP1.

Go to HKLM/software/HTC/CommManager/WLAN and replace the name after the \TNETW12511 with \JAGUARGSP1.

DO NOT edit the contents in the brackets only the name after the \.

As instruction 17 above, my adaptername is correct. And i went on to try and edit the registry with PHM Regedit.

Went on to HKLM/software/HTC/CommManager/WLAN, and i tried to change the value. But i think i had messed up the value.

Now on this registry, my Value name: AdapterName, and Value data: JAGUARGSP1. Ok, i admit this is my first try on registry editing. And the Wlan

isn't working still. And when i was trying to edit, i did not see any /TNETW12511. Please kindly advise on what should i do.

Also, I;m experiencing the Audio Manager problem. Music seems to stucked at searching screen. Please help.

rgds,

Clanegie

Guest iclickjohn

Issue with touch-flo not full screen.

Found solution...

Make sure you have the working HTChomesettings.xml i.e. the one that works but only half way down version. Also save a copy of this version in a folder on your "my storage". (this is the version that is giving you good function but not full screen)

Go to any of these threads where they are telling you to "Just paste this into the Windows directory" version of HTChomesettings.xml

(this is the version that when you do that it never launches, but tells you to tap here to launch touch-flo. and it never launches.)

Download this version as well and place it in an appropriately marked folder next to the first version. (make sure they are marked clear because you could mix them up later with this procedure)

You need "Total Commander" Reg Edit software, (Search, you'll find)

OK. You have the working (but half screen) version loaded in Windows.

Open Total Commander and go to your "my storage" location for the NEW Full screen version. Go to File/Edit. This will open the xml. file to do what ever you want to do. when you scroll the lines to the far right you will see that many of the lines include id's and values.

The id's are nice to keep you straight headed. The values that you are looking at are screen coordinates. 0,0 is the top left corner of the screen and 400, 260 is the lower right corner (i think). Well that doesn't matter. The value is a string of numbers that give the command a location to place the items on your screen. DON'T do what I did and copy the entire document by hand. I was at my cottage over the weekend when it hit me on how to try to solve this problem. I didn't have a computer to do it any easier.

1. I was looking for any numbers that would be 250 or higher because I know that is getting to the area over halfway down the screen.

So I had the hand written document and I was scrolling down the "NEW" version to find deviations. After noting and correcting, I went back and opened the "original" xml file with Total Commander and started fixing the numbers. Carefully!

2. Not to worry if you mess up because you have both versions saved as copies in your "my storage" folder.

3. After about two hours, I was so dizzy, I thought I was having a heart attack of something. So after I calmed down, I said what the heck, I'm just going to COPY and PASTE from the new to the old. Which I did then and it was fine.

4. What you are looking for are the strings where there are id's and values.

5. I posted this fix, which I think is mostly fixed. So instead of explaining everything in detail now. See if my attached file works.

Then post. If it doesn't work, I'll check back and give further details as needed. Paste it into your Windows folder on your Verizon Omnia replacing the old version. Then do a soft reset. Remember to have both versions saved in your "my storage" folder first.

HTCHomeSettings.xml

Guest phantomguy1

This is a really easy thing to install..... Ive done it probably 10 times since yesterday (trying other cabs to work on it as well). And Ive gotten the full screen version all 10 times. What you do is you go to the first page. Download the zip..... if you have that extracted on your computer, you can transfer the folder onto the device... my storage or your memory card (I have the install files on my memory card). Follow the instructions..... seriously.. follow the instructions when installing the cabs..... (dont really need to soft reset unless the device asks you too) then before you enable touchflo on the settings page..... you go back into where the install files are... and you copy and paste BOTH HTC files that are in the FILES folder into your WINDOWS folder on the device itself. Then enable touchflo... and there you go full screen.... send a PM if you need more help.... all the files you need are in the original zip file.......

Guest Clanegie

Hi Bros,

Anyone with the fix for the music issue on M2DTF on Omnia i900?

I have solved the WLAN issue, but i would really aapreciate if someone can help me on the MUSIC issue.

Music is my life... hee.. :rolleyes:

Guest PearlMikeJam
Hi there everybody.... I'm stucked on the registry edit section to get the WLAN working.

17. You will need to edit the registry to be able to use the CommManager to enable/disable WiFi.

Go to HKLM/software/drivers/WLAN and check that AdapterName is JAGUARGSP1.

Go to HKLM/software/HTC/CommManager/WLAN and replace the name after the \TNETW12511 with \JAGUARGSP1.

DO NOT edit the contents in the brackets only the name after the \.

As instruction 17 above, my adaptername is correct. And i went on to try and edit the registry with PHM Regedit.

Went on to HKLM/software/HTC/CommManager/WLAN, and i tried to change the value. But i think i had messed up the value.

Now on this registry, my Value name: AdapterName, and Value data: JAGUARGSP1. Ok, i admit this is my first try on registry editing. And the Wlan

isn't working still. And when i was trying to edit, i did not see any /TNETW12511. Please kindly advise on what should i do.

Also, I;m experiencing the Audio Manager problem. Music seems to stucked at searching screen. Please help.

rgds,

Clanegie

Clanegie -

I had the same issues. It took me almost a week to figure it out. First, the HKLM/software/HTC/CommManager/WLAN registry entry is a long string that starts with "{". You will only see the first few characters, but if you use the mouse pointer, your can click into the entry and scroll to the right to see the end of the string. That is where you will find the entry information you need.

At the end of the entry (the far right), you will see "}\TNETW12511". Replace the "TNETW12511" with JAGUARGSP1. That is what worked for me. After a soft reset, it should work.

Good Luck!

Guest iclickjohn
This is a really easy thing to install..... Ive done it probably 10 times since yesterday (trying other cabs to work on it as well). And Ive gotten the full screen version all 10 times. What you do is you go to the first page. Download the zip..... if you have that extracted on your computer, you can transfer the folder onto the device... my storage or your memory card (I have the install files on my memory card). Follow the instructions..... seriously.. follow the instructions when installing the cabs..... (dont really need to soft reset unless the device asks you too) then before you enable touchflo on the settings page..... you go back into where the install files are... and you copy and paste BOTH HTC files that are in the FILES folder into your WINDOWS folder on the device itself. Then enable touchflo... and there you go full screen.... send a PM if you need more help.... all the files you need are in the original zip file.......

Are you on a Verizon Omnia???

I also tried about 5 times. Following each step to a T. There must be some reason some of us are not getting that original xml working. And I've read countless replies stating that #13 would not load, as it didn't for me. I did go back and load #7 later successfully. I did everything exact. the full screen was basically the only issue. I am just trying to see if the other ppl who had this problem can find a solution my way. If indeed it helps that would be a good thing. If indeed I'm wrong that's no problem, my device is still working exactly right in every aspect. But I had to do it my way to get it working right.

Guest Clanegie
Clanegie -

I had the same issues. It took me almost a week to figure it out. First, the HKLM/software/HTC/CommManager/WLAN registry entry is a long string that starts with "{". You will only see the first few characters, but if you use the mouse pointer, your can click into the entry and scroll to the right to see the end of the string. That is where you will find the entry information you need.

At the end of the entry (the far right), you will see "}\TNETW12511". Replace the "TNETW12511" with JAGUARGSP1. That is what worked for me. After a soft reset, it should work.

Good Luck!

Bro,

Really appreciate your help on this. I was lucky enough to saw that this morning and i've got it sorted out. Heee...

Now I'm stucked with the MUSIC issue. It just goes searching forever. I guess somethings is not right in the registry..

Guest devarshi

I'm having the wifi problem too. I did the first step of checking the CommManager entry and it was fine. Then I went to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\HTC\CommManager\WLAN. I changed the value of DeviceName (no AdapterName option there) from \TNET...to \JAGUARGSP1. I soft-reset, but I still don't have the option of turning on wifi in CommManager.

And I'm having the AudioManager problem too!

Bro,

Really appreciate your help on this. I was lucky enough to saw that this morning and i've got it sorted out. Heee...

Now I'm stucked with the MUSIC issue. It just goes searching forever. I guess somethings is not right in the registry..

Edited by devarshi

Guest phantomguy1
Are you on a Verizon Omnia???

I also tried about 5 times. Following each step to a T. There must be some reason some of us are not getting that original xml working. And I've read countless replies stating that #13 would not load, as it didn't for me. I did go back and load #7 later successfully. I did everything exact. the full screen was basically the only issue. I am just trying to see if the other ppl who had this problem can find a solution my way. If indeed it helps that would be a good thing. If indeed I'm wrong that's no problem, my device is still working exactly right in every aspect. But I had to do it my way to get it working right.

I am not installing item 13... I install up to item 11 leaving out what it says doesnt work, then I transfer the HTC files from the files folder to the windows folder. Load it up and it works. Item 13 is way too big for something that it already does... I havent done the registry thing for the wifi because I hardly use it. But it does work... I did it again after I finished writing the post to try something else out.... so I think Ive done it like 11 times now.... If it asks you if you want to overwrite the file (61k) in the windows folder to the one given in the files folder (101k I think) say yes... and yeah I have a i910..... not an i900...

Guest Mrhoffmann

I solved the problem that i had with gmaps:

Gmaps was installed in: programmebestanden

I made a new map: program files and copied gmaps map in there.

So now everything is working fine. :rolleyes:

Guest Nost@lgia

great job.

I loved this m2d theme...but I encountered msn live problem and activesync problem with this theme..

anyhow it's related to m2d comm manager i presume..

i reset and tested 2wice... then I concluded this theme wont allow me to use msn via wifi and activesync.

my rom is the latest Paul's....

===> I found out that this program occurred out of korean font that i installed last night.

now I'm using this again flawlessly...!

-------------------------------

Edited by Nost@lgia

Guest smilepak
thanx 4 this guide robf80, but could u tell a noob how to do step 12 (edit the xml file) as i would prefer it to be fullscreen.

thanks.

Basically do step 13, copy the xml file to Windows folder. Automatically full screen.