Complete install guide for Manila (TouchFlo 2D) on i900

Guest robf80

hi,

i am using md2 and have a little issue:

i cant add people on Tab People because my contacts list is empty. I am using as Extension Inesoft Phone version 5.07.any suggestion how to solve this problem?

Tnx in advance

• 1 month later...
Guest Scandisk_fr
I love the look and feel of TouchFlo 2D but 2 things stop me from using it:

- poor email presentation (it may look good but you can't read whole email out of it)

- no support for exchange accounts on email tab (if you add exchange email account it will not show on tab).

Can someone help me with those issues?

Hi,

do you find the solution for this pb ?

Thx

• 5 months later...
Guest andrew.mazlim

This is the old way to install M2D, by installing manually all these 13 cabs.

But... why not choosing an "all-in-one" M2D cab?

Guest sushan99

Leave the installation here and you will have a dark blue skin which will not fill your screen. You will have to edit HTCHomeSettings.xml located in the windows directory of your device, once edited to suit Omnia resolution you will need to put HTCHomeSettings.xml in the windows/manilaGFX directory of your device. You will also have to put hh_fw_background.png into the same directory.

Could you please explain this step in picture instructions? I don get it how to change the Omnia resolution.

I managed to download the Touch FLO but it does not fit the screen.

I would really appreciated it if you could help me. Desperate

Sushan999

Guest elmntree

Hello,

I installed this and i love it! alot smoother than other UI's i've used (i.e touchwiz, spb mobile shell) but why does it eat up SO much storage memory. after install i had about 5 mb, then i installed M2DC (to my storage) and i applied a theme, and now i have 0.00mb. It makes no sense, i only have 2 apps installed but i installed them to my storage as well. this is very frustrating!

help!!!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest CoolGearhead

It seems CommManager won't work on my omnia..

(P.S. Didn't change registry of phone, does it have something to do with that?)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest imronburgundy

Great post! Really great work! I was wondering if there was a way to download the most recent version of Google Maps and have it launch in the google maps tab when searching. Thanks for the help!

Also, I'm really appreciative of the work that went into this M2D cab, but is there any way to change the default of setting the home page for the internet button from xda-developers? It seems to be cooked into the internet tab for m2d. I've tried changing it in m2dc as well as good 'ol fashioned setting my start page in Opera, but it keeps defaulting to xda. Any thoughts?

Edited by imronburgundy

Guest andrew.mazlim

I assume this is the "old" proccess, with the 13+ files to be installed, right?

Can someone post the "all-in-one" M2D cab (v1.9 or higher), for any user wants them?

(I think, here, this topic, is the right place, is it?)

Guest imronburgundy
I assume this is the "old" proccess, with the 13+ files to be installed, right?

Can someone post the "all-in-one" M2D cab (v1.9 or higher), for any user wants them?

(I think, here, this topic, is the right place, is it?)

BTW, found the all in one cab for M2D on another site, and it does not work for i910. I've tried 2 different ones now. The steps above are truly the best steps to get m2d on the omnia. Only qualms (and they are minor), being able to attach newest version of googlemaps, youtube (doesn't even work on mine), and the opera browser defaults to xda-developers homepage (takes foreeeeeeeever to load).

Guest andrew.mazlim
BTW, found the all in one cab for M2D on another site, and it does not work for i910. I've tried 2 different ones now. The steps above are truly the best steps to get m2d on the omnia. Only qualms (and they are minor), being able to attach newest version of googlemaps, youtube (doesn't even work on mine), and the opera browser defaults to xda-developers homepage (takes foreeeeeeeever to load).

For i900ers working fine, dear friend.

Guest imronburgundy

Alright, so I've been doing a little research, and have found the answers to most of my questions. For any of you is an idiot like me and need directions, here they are:

1. How to change internet tab start page: simple registry edit: go to HKLM\software\HTC\Manila2d\InternetWidget\Customized ... there you can change the url that starts up when you click on the globe as well as rename it.

2. How to get the newest install of youtube working on the link in the internet tab. I'll link it over to where credit is due: http://www.samsung-omnia.org/manilla-2d-an...client-instead/ (hopefully I'm allowed to insert links)

3. Still can't figure out how to update the google application to the newest version (which has speak to text!) If anyone has an idea, I'm all ears.