Complete install guide for Manila (TouchFlo 2D) on i900

Guest robf80

Guest 404error

I foud out how you can use the Omnia contact manager instead of the WM6 version.

# Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shell\Rai\:MSCONTACTS

# Change "String 1" value from :MSPOUTLOOK contacts to \Windows\SECContact.exe

Then softreset. The only thing that doesn't work is the left " NEW" softkey in the contacts application. But you can add a new contact by typing the number with the phonepad and than choose new contect in menu.

after install manila, i can't active flash light by press volume key long. Help me

Hmm... Maybe we should use a mortscript for that... You could place that into the favorite program section..

Guest PunisherSG
Just a little update people, I have managed to cook M2D into HJ5 and after alloootttt of work, it is working, but only just. The storage at 60MB free seems reasonable, so I'm quite pleased. I still have few bugs to sort out before even letting you try... hang in there...

Btw, for those who have installed the Youtube program, does it work fine? The graphics on my ROM does not seem to like the resolution or something and doesn't render well.

Also, thanks to all the contributors of this thread, without it, I wouldn't have even known where to start modifiying it for our Omnia.

A sneek peak.... :lol:

Yo PaSSoA can't wait for your work to be out!!!! BTW any idea when it ready?? just can't wait for it

Guest 404error
i install this and no problem but i cant see the letters on my menus and i cant see the weather :lol:

Do you use an English ROM? I guess not...

Edited by 404error

Yo PaSSoA can't wait for your work to be out!!!! BTW any idea when it ready?? just can't wait for it

Hi PunisherSG, the ROM has been released here. Feel free to give it a try, but do note the bugs mentioned in the thread. Hopefully a new version will be out in a few days, have a busy weekend ahead :lol:

Guest 404error
Hi PunisherSG, the ROM has been released here. Feel free to give it a try, but do note the bugs mentioned in the thread. Hopefully a new version will be out in a few days, have a busy weekend ahead :lol:

I installed a multilanguage file to my phone and now i use it in English. But i'm from holland so that is no problem. It should be possible to translate it but it is a lot of work...

Guest RodolfoG
is it possibile to make custom city update??? cos I've added my city but an error show me when tryin' update...

Also how to change home left and right softkey instead "phone" and "programs"????

thx to all who can answer!!!

cheers

WOOT!!!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread...754#post2820754

Nice work from mpenguin14 (M2DC creator) & showaco @ xda-developers !!!

Edited by RodolfoG

Guest 404error
hw can i change my omnia language to english so i can get this theme working good?

Download the multilanguageupdate from your local samsung website, and then you can change it to English...

Guest Quist09

No solution to the landscape issue yet, but maybe you should google "landscape manila 2d site:xda-developers" and remember that the one solution posted so far is a Mortscript that disables Manila and enables another solution in landscape mode.

In other news, I would like to figure out a way to combine the home screen and the email tab. Looking at the xml, doing the layout for it would be trivial. Problem is that it appears that the Manila architecture treats each tab as a widget, i.e. self-contained mini-app, which would logically mean that I am apparently looking for an entirely new widget that is a hybrid of the home and email tabs.

Could someone please tell me I'm wrong and point me to a solution somebody else has already worked out?

Guest Omnia_1

Hi sir, we appreciate you have taken time to edit and share these fixes with us, thank you.

I have a hypothetical Q. I use FTouchSL and noticed that it also uses an .xml code and can be edited to include other apps gestures etc. My question is this, is it theoretically possibly use FTouchSL to add left right sweeping gestures through tabbed pages in M2D?

HOW TO CHANGE THE SOFTKEY SETTINGS IN MANILLA2D

add the following registry keys

[HKLM\Software\HTC\Manila2D\Home\SK1]

[HKLM\Software\HTC\Manila2D\Home\SK1Cmd]

[HKLM\Software\HTC\Manila2D\Home\SK1CmdParam]

[HKLM\Software\HTC\Manila2D\Home\SK2]

[HKLM\Software\HTC\Manila2D\Home\SK2Cmd]

[HKLM\Software\HTC\Manila2D\Home\SK2CmdParam]

these are all "String" values

SK1 and SK2 are the strings that actually appear on the softkey

SK1Cmd and SK2Cmd are the commands that you want to run (path to exe file, I tried a "lnk" file [shortcut] and it didn't work)

SK1CmdParam and SK2CmdParam, I would assume these are any command line parameters that you want to pass to the command, but I have not tested them, I just know that Manila2D.exe tries to read them if SK1 or SK2 exists

EXAMPLE

[HKLM\Software\HTC\Manila2D\Home\SK1] String - "S2U2"

[HKLM\Software\HTC\Manila2D\Home\SK1Cmd] String - "\Program Files\S2U2\S2U2.exe"

this only changes the softkeys for the "Home Tab"

Guest 404error
And how to change in People tab the phonebook app. I want the original Omnia Phonebook.

I foud out how you can use the Omnia contact manager instead of the WM6 version.

# Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shell\Rai\:MSCONTACTS

# Change "String 1" value from :MSPOUTLOOK contacts to \Windows\SECContact.exe

Then softreset. The only thing that doesn't work is the left " NEW" softkey in the contacts application. But you can add a new contact by typing the number with the phonepad and than choose new contect in menu.

Guest bluey09

Hiya,

First of all thank you for this great thread .... I installed Manila touchflo on my omnia couple weeks ago .. worked like a charm .. but for last two days im having problem with email widget ... when i try to use email widget it freezes the whole thing .. i have to restart the touchflo from today settings .. and if i chnage the config thru m2dc and uncheck the email widegt box .. then touch flo works fine ... Please HELP !!!

thanx

Guest willbrookes
Audio Manager Manila2D (TouchFLO) for Omnia Fix (Portrait mode only)

For those who can't resist to be annoyed at that Audio Manager screen size incompatibility issue on our Omnia, like me.

Just extract and replace files on your device's \Windows\ directory.

capture002xg0.jpgcapture001ap5.jpgcapture003px6.jpg

Enjoy! :lol:

This was bugging me too - but your file is a rar file - how do i get that on my i900? must I convert to cab? if so...how? I had to remove the previous audio manager as it kept crashing, must i install the original plus your update, or will your update suffice?

Secondly, all was going swimmingly, but now on the people screen I cant change or add new contacts to the thumbnails - this apeared to happen after I installed the contactfix thing which kia had in his recent big files download. I've tried a soft reset - dosent solve it. What do I have to reinstall to get just the people part working again?

Great thread by the way!

Cheers (and please ignore the posts below, dont know how to delete them!!)

Edited by willbrookes