Run Low-Res App on Diamond

Guest adamjkimber

Guest adamjkimber

Hi All,

I have an old app here that ran fine on my old WM5/6 devices but with the VGA screen on the Diamond just takes up a small corner.

Any ideas of how I could get it to fill the screen / adjust the resolution on the Diamond?

Cheers,

Adam

Guest Neil5459

It sounds as if the app is unusual in that it uses a bitmapped interface. Most use scalable graphics that can display at a variety of resolutions.

Without serious reworking of the screens, there isn't much you can do about it I'm afraid unless there is a specific VGA version available ;)

Guest adamjkimber

I think you're right - I was just hoping for a quick fix like a way to make all pixels cover 4-pixels of the screen!

I'll have to speak to the developer and get them to either make the graphics auto-scale or release a specific VGA version.

Thanks,

Adam

Guest stunno
I think you're right - I was just hoping for a quick fix like a way to make all pixels cover 4-pixels of the screen!

I'll have to speak to the developer and get them to either make the graphics auto-scale or release a specific VGA version.

Thanks,

Adam

Have you tried this http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=327830

"With Real VGA you can change the DPI setting and the language of any WM6 base deivce. Install the de"

Guest Neil5459

RealVGA is useful for large screen VGA devices as it allows one to fit a lot more content onto the screen.

Unfortunately it doesn't work with bitmapped screens, so if the program displays in a small portion of a VGA screen, with realVGA it would display even smaller ;)