[APP][17.04.09] "GRemote Pro" available now - Downalod DEMO and try it!!!

Guest Marcin Baliniak

Guest Marcin Baliniak

Hi all,

Long awaiting, first version of GRemote Pro has just come to life ! We are proud to announce, that we have finished beta testing process of version 1.0.1 and it is ready to download NOW. During last several months we have been busy developing new features, listening to your requests, answering your questions and removing bugs that has been reported by our beta-testers. Now first version of GRemote Pro is ready and we hope it will meet your requirements and expectations. Please, feel free to download the demo version of GRemote Pro, and if you like it, you can buy a full version from our web page.

Everyone, who has donated our project until 17th of April 2009 will receive a free licence for GRemote Pro in next few days.

Please visit us:

http://gbmsoftware.com/

----Description below is for non-Pro version----

What we have now?

• GCenter - place to select controller type
  • GMouse - mouse control like Logitech MX Air (not the same)
  • Touchpad - applet which emulates laptops touchpad with a scroll area (dpad centre is left mouse button, useful for drag&drop)
  • GPad - especially for Media Center (generates arrow keys, Enter, Backspace, Esc, Alt+F4, StartMenu)
  • GMedia - multimedia keys for Windows Media Player (VolUP, VolDown, Play/Pause,Stop,Next, Prior)
  • Keyboard - Now you can use any SIP method including the hardware keyboard in HTC Touch Pro. Extra keys on screen Ctrl, Alt (three state), Esc, Del, Tab
  • GRace - thanks to PPJoy we have analogue game controller with 2 axis and 12 buttons. It is similar to
    for Nokia, but only steering wheel for now.

- Download and install PPJoy (click green download button on the right side on his site)
    - Go to "Control Panel->Paraller Port Joystick"
    - Click Add button and select "Virtual joysticks" for "Paraller Port", and "Controller 1" for "Controller number".
    - Now windows detect new hardware and should automatically find required drivers (if not try to install drivers manually from this directory C:\Program Files\Parallel Port Joystick)
    -Run GRemteServer and you should see info on GRace tab "PPJoy status: driver opened succesful"
    - Now you can calibrate you controler using standard windows functions (Control Panel->Game controllers->PPJoy Virtual joystick 1"->Properties...)

FAQs:

• Installation guide with USB connection howto
    • Bluetooth connection howto
    • This program uses 5656 UDP port so open this port to your firewall configuration

• if you are using Windows Firewall and have problems with connection try this help.
    • if you are using ESET Smart Security (Nod32) you can fallow this steps. Remember to restart GRemoteServer after you finish configure ESS.
    • if you get "Connecton timeout" message, please check your firewall. In all probability it is the source of problems with connection.

Requirement

- Microsoft .NET Compact Framework 3.5 (cab)

And last, but not least - I really appreciate the help of new GRemote designer - Expo7. He does a lot of good job so Donate him if you like GRemote design!!!

Screenshots

v5.1.jpgv5.2.jpg

Changelog

Enjoy,

Marcin Baliniak.

Please do not distribute this files on other sites. If you wan you can put URL to this topic.

To find latest version go to this location.

Older versions:

GRemote_v0.3.0_qvga.zip

GRemote_v0.3.0_vga.zip

GRemote_v0.3.0_wqvga.zip

---

GRemote_v0.5.0_qvga.zip

GRemote_v0.5.0_vga.zip

GRemote_v0.5.0_wqvga.zip

---

GRemote_v0.5.1_qvga.zip

GRemote_v0.5.1_vga.zip

GRemote_v0.5.1_wqvga.zip

GRemote_v0.5.1_wvga.zip

Edited by Marcin Baliniak

Guest merlot

This is really awesome. I've tested your GRemote on my Omnia, it works perfectly and I love it.

THX mate for this wonderful piece of software. ;)

Guest lentini

Funnily enough, I was thinking last night if there was an application like this ;)

I'm gonna give this a try tonight, seems like it'll do the trick. Awesome work :wacko:

Edited by lentini

Guest FutureDirt

works well but there is a slight bug with the omnia installation cab at least.

It puts two shortcuts into the start menu... no biggie but i thought id let you know!

Thanks very much for this. ;)

Can I receive donations? ;)

Cheers,

GRemote author.

Would be nice if you could add song title/details viewing from the handset?

Best app ive seen to date thanks alot just about to donate

Lee P

Edited by L.P

Guest nirvanax

can anyone help me please i manage to get pan connection over bluetooth and in GRemoteServer apears a new ip i put theme in gremote but GRemoteServer wont conect sorry my bad english and thanks in advanced

Edited by nirvanax

Guest FutureDirt
can anyone help me please i manage to get pan connection over bluetooth and in GRemoteServer apears a new ip i put theme in gremote but GRemoteServer wont conect sorry my bad english and thanks in advanced

to get it working in vista over bluetooth PAN:

1. turn on blueooth on both PC and phone

2. run WM6BTPAN on your phone (see link above in first post)... this will create a Bluetooth PAN.

3. Join your Phones Personal Area Network using PC

4. Once connected to the PAN... open up Network connections on your PC... find the bluetooth network and set a static IP address for this connection. IP: 192.168.0.2 subnet 255.255.255.0 seems to work fine.

5. start gremote server on PC

6. start gremote on phone and hit find... your pc should show up with its new static ip

wrote that really quickly but i hope it helps!!!

Guest Marcin Baliniak
Nice, works good. But one thing, how to calibrate sensor? Because when i put phone on the table, mouse still moves up..

Maybe change speed to lower. Calibration isn't needed. Base position is position when you touch display (only Y axis, I need to fix X)

Cheers.

Never mind, i figured it out:

if you turn on "touchfree" function then phone is lying on the table it takes that position as "starting" point ;)

Great App!

Guest farkinell

This app is fantastic! Well done! Was going to trade in my omnia for a n96 but this (amongst some other excellent programs) has changed my mind, this phone is so versatile.

Awesome app!! been using it via USB and it works outstandingly...my only question is how do I get it working via WiFi?

Usage

-Unzip attached file

-Install GRemoteSetup.CAB on you device

-Run GRemoteServer.exe on you PC

-Enter correct IP address in GRemote app on you Diamond or press "Find" button

-If you use GSen remember to add this app to GSen config

- This app use UDP 5656 port so disable it in firewall on your PC (NOT in router)

- If you want to use GMouse, just tap and hold you screen to move mouse or use "Touch free" mode

- Communication between client and server is realized with TCP/IP so you need to use any network connection

Worked fine for me?

do I just have to turn WiFi on on the phone and follow the steps? Because when I do so and press 'Find' it doesn't find anything like it would via USB...excuse my ignorance! :lol:

EDIT: infact I seem to be able to connect (i.e. it lets me select what option to use) but when i actually try to move the mouse nothing happens on the computer...

Edited by nixes

Guest nirvanax
to get it working in vista over bluetooth PAN:

1. turn on blueooth on both PC and phone

2. run WM6BTPAN on your phone (see link above in first post)... this will create a Bluetooth PAN.

3. Join your Phones Personal Area Network using PC

4. Once connected to the PAN... open up Network connections on your PC... find the bluetooth network and set a static IP address for this connection. IP: 192.168.0.2 subnet 255.255.255.0 seems to work fine.

5. start gremote server on PC

6. start gremote on phone and hit find... your pc should show up with its new static ip

wrote that really quickly but i hope it helps!!!

thank you so much now works thanks

do I just have to turn WiFi on on the phone and follow the steps? Because when I do so and press 'Find' it doesn't find anything like it would via USB...excuse my ignorance! :lol:

EDIT: infact I seem to be able to connect (i.e. it lets me select what option to use) but when i actually try to move the mouse nothing happens on the computer...

DO you have the server installed on the pc? If so what does it say under status

DO you have the server installed on the pc? If so what does it say under status

ok, im not totally sure what this means! :lol: sorry for my severe lack of tecky knowledge when it comes to this kind of thing! Basically im guessing im not sorting out the whole WiFi thing properly. Could anyone give my a kind of "for dummies" guide for this (from scratch, assuming ive never connected my phone to my computer via WiFi).

Cheers

ok, im not totally sure what this means! :lol: sorry for my severe lack of tecky knowledge when it comes to this kind of thing! Basically im guessing im not sorting out the whole WiFi thing properly. Could anyone give my a kind of "for dummies" guide for this (from scratch, assuming ive never connected my phone to my computer via WiFi).

Cheers

There is a install guide on the Original post, Follow this. Simple enough basically you need the server setup on the pc and running then launch the app and check the status tab on the PC to see if its connected