Firefox Mobile Alpha is almost ready for trials

Guest PPCInformer

Guest PPCInformer
">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">

Gizmodo.com is claiming that the alpha version of Firefox will be released to the public in a few weeks time.

Once Firefox gets released it will be cut throat rivalry between 3 major players Opera, Skyfire and Firefox. Lets not consider IE, unless they bring out some radical changes in the new version which only they are excited about ;) .

via : gizmodo.com

Guest awarner (MVP)

Definitely one app I'll be keeping an eye out for, full screen browsing with menus off to the side.

On the PC that looks cool, will be interesting to see how easy it will be on a small touchscreen?

Guest agent.m

Sorry if I sound unimpressed but is that it? Hopefully it will be able to this and play video content etc. on the web

I hope that doesn't sound ungrateful and all just expecting a few more features. Guess its only an alpha ;)

Why the hate for PIE 6 when it hasnt been seen in its final version? Yet FF mobile is being drooled over and its still alpha, I really wonder why some people use WM devices at all...

Edited by efjay

Guest PPCInformer
Why the hate for PIE 6 when it hasnt been seen in its final version? Yet FF mobile is being drooled over and its still alpha, I really wonder why some people use WM devices at all...

Its coz PIE has been around for a while, they have to given it any major updates some of the enhancements comes from 3rd party developers. Why is MS ignoring it with a passion ?? Dont get me wrong I love WM devices coz there are a lot of developers who release a lot of tools which makes life a lot easier on these devices if this was not there I dont think I would have sticked with WM.

I am not praising FF yet, but they are bringing something new to the table have a look @ the video of the alpha.

Guest fuzzmo

That does look pretty cool - a lot of potential there, looking forward to it! PIE and IE in general gets a lot of negativity because it is 'slow on the uptake'. Tabbed browsing, Extensions etc. took a long while to come to IE. In short IE development appears pretty stagnant and certainly on the mobile platform most people prefer Opera, and even Skyfire to PIE. And with mobile firefox coming into view, well there is even less incentive to use PIE!

Guest pd.ryder

Does anyone have an idea of FF's memory footprint? This multi-tab browsing is great but...

I'm trying to run Opera on my Vario II but it will run out of program memory before its loaded the first page, let alone a couple more tabs. It caches to the storage card so it shouldn't be the page size that causes the problem although it still wants around 15MB free to run in.

Arrrgh!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.