SPB launches SPB Online Games

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)
initial.png
This just in from SPB...

Spb Software, the world's leading maker of Windows Mobile applications announces the release of Spb Online Games as a separate suite. Originally, part of Spb Online - a set of online services under one roof, which attracted over 15,000 users in under two weeks (at the rate of more than 1000 users per day) - Spb Online Games is a collection of four instant online games, supplemented with an online chat service.

Spb Online Games makes it possible to play two versions of Checkers, Hexagon, or Reversi with real people from virtually anywhere in the world, in real-time. Any online game can be launched within 30 seconds and if interrupted - continued from the spot it was left off. The service already has thousands of registered players on the network, with each potential opponent equipped with a configurable user profile (might include picture, name, type of handset, and network). The online gaming experience can be further personalized through real-time chatting with active online players.

I've personally thought that online gaming on WinMo is a very under exploited market, and it's good to see SPB starting to move in this direction! SPBOG looks pretty cool (even if the initial selection of games looks a little limited), so I hope to see the range of games expanding in the future.

What would you like to see included? I'd love to see Chess in there for sure... The thought of playing chess OTA with an opponent definitely appeals, although I suspect this may already exist for Pocket PC? Anyone?

SPB Online Games is available for both Pocket PC and Smartphone for $14.95, with a 15 day trial available and a 30 day no-questions-asked money back guarantee!

;)

P

Guest FutureDirt

Chess online would be great for sure!

As would games like worms, snails or even virtual pool.

Lets hope that devs start realising that winmo is a massive market for simple online games.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.