ahh!!! my phone loses all service, and cant find it!

Guest XS222

i dont get it!!! ALL OF A SUDDEN, and when i say that, i really mean it, my phone has lost all service.

i am in an area that has ALWAYS gotten tons of reception (3G) without any problems at all but today it randomly lost everything! at totally random times, it will pick up some reception at random areas, but when i try to make a call, it doesnt work at all, no dial, nothing. then after the tries, it loses the reception again.

under phone settings, and 'networks' it says 'current network.....no service'

ive restarted the phone numerous times, and turned on and off the phone connection, but still nothing...

can anyone help?? i have no idea why it would do this so randomly. i havent changed my phone at all!

would a reset solve this??

Edited by XS222

Guest awarner (MVP)

Check with the network you have not been barred.

In the UK you can get barred if you report the handset stolen or you have unpaid bills but not sure if it is similar in the US?

Check with the network you have not been barred.

In the UK you can get barred if you report the handset stolen or you have unpaid bills but not sure if it is similar in the US?

i swapped sim cards into a phone that works, and it worked fine ;)

i was hoping maybe my SIM card fried, but that wasnt it...

this is really frustrating, since in really random spots, the network will show up, but it wont make any calls, then it all disappears again

thanks for the input!

Guest awarner (MVP)

Still sounds like it has been barred, where or who did you buy the phone from and have you had it long?

I presume it is secondhand?

I suffered this too!!!!

I could see other network providers when the phone searched but it told me I had no service whatsoever...there was no service!!! My sim was fine too and was functional in another phone. I tried retarting the phone (soft restart) and nothing...dead as a door nail everytime.

Basically I hard reset....and it worked. I have no answer for it at it. I assumed that the registry hacks I implemented two days before may have caused some form of corruption. Basically the hacks I implemented were in regard to ICS over BT....I wasnt able to use my carrier for Internet sharing over BT....So I edited out the other providers and removed the "forcedCellConnection" registry entry......It all worked. I used it a few times and had also turned the phone on and off since doing the tweaks....Basically the setup since going to WM6.1 was all working...then out of the blue in the car...no service and definitely in a 3G area. I was trying to access the Internet at the time so I could use the yellow pages....

I've since set my phone bar the tweaks for ICS I used previously and no probs....I will try again though, I need ICS with my own provider and having an unlocked phone should enable this.

I tried everything to get it to work other than a hard reset....nothing, zilch, zero, diddly squat. I'm not barred....my bill was paid. Put it this way...I travelled over 200 kilometres that day...no service the whole time, And no network issues either, I checked that too....

Edited by Sed8ed

I suffered this too!!!!

I could see other network providers when the phone searched but it told me I had no service whatsoever...there was no service!!! My sim was fine too and was functional in another phone. I tried retarting the phone (soft restart) and nothing...dead as a door nail everytime.

Basically I hard reset....and it worked. I have no answer for it at it. I assumed that the registry hacks I implemented two days before may have caused some form of corruption. Basically the hacks I implemented were in regard to ICS over BT....I wasnt able to use my carrier for Internet sharing over BT....So I edited out the other providers and removed the "forcedCellConnection" registry entry......It all worked. I used it a few times and had also turned the phone on and off since doing the tweaks....Basically the setup since going to WM6.1 was all working...then out of the blue in the car...no service and definitely in a 3G area. I was trying to access the Internet at the time so I could use the yellow pages....

I've since set my phone bar the tweaks for ICS I used previously and no probs....I will try again though, I need ICS with my own provider and having an unlocked phone should enable this.

I tried everything to get it to work other than a hard reset....nothing, zilch, zero, diddly squat. I'm not barred....my bill was paid. Put it this way...I travelled over 200 kilometres that day...no service the whole time, And no network issues either, I checked that too....

weird right??? i called ATT, and they replaced it under warranty.

but its got me so paranoid, because i hate when they turn around and charge you full price for a phone stating some random problems; in which case, you can't tell them to return you the phone, cause you'd be better off buying your own else where.

no water damage though, so thats good

:lol:

Well I have replicated the issue a few times and and have been able to confirm that my incident was due to the "forcecellconnection" registry entry I deleted. I have been able to get out of it by hard resetting the device. I now only "edit" the registry entry and leave it blank rather than deleting it.....first time round it must notn have triggered properly, every time since that I've replicated the problem it loses signal instantly and I'm back to square one....as long as it's only edited and not deleted I am fine....no problems since.

Hope it stays that way....ICS and BT work reliably now.