HTC prepping WiMAX enabled 'T8290' device

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

[teaser]

t8290-front-today.jpg
My my, HTC do have their fingers in a lot of pies ;)

Below are the first images of a device that appears to be called the 'T8290' and is packing WiMAX, destined for the Russian Yota WiMAX network.

We can see the device features:

- WinMo 6.1 Professional

- 3.8" WVGA (800x480) screen

- Inbuilt phone, WiMAX, Bluetooth and WiFi

Amazingly the design seems to be even more minimalist that the Touch HD! :lol: No deets on whether this packs the same 5 Megapixel camera of course, but there is a camera of some description on there. We'll be digging around for more info and will update this post as and when - watch this space! :D

Given HTC's recent announcement that the Touch HD will not be available stateside, could this give a hint as to why? Will we see the T8290 coming to Sprint's 'Xohm' network?

More pics in the full topic for news page readers...

P

[Via nedge2k.com]

[/teaser]

t8290-back.pngt8290-front-cmgr.png

t8290-front-wimax.pngt8290-front.png

Guest MadRaven

On the HTC spec site of the HD there is a model number mentioned also: Model HTC Touch HD™ T8282

So T8290 could be just a variant of the HD made for wimax networks with a different case.

If it's coming to the US on Sprint it might as well not be coming. Sprint is the worst of the big 4 carriers in the US, and this is reflected by the fact that they are losing about 600,000 customers per quarter. After suffering with Sprint for over 10 years, I vowed to NEVER be their customer again. Worst company I have ever dealt with, hands down.

I wish HTC would realize that there are lots of customers in the US who are dying to get their hands on a WM replacement for the iPhone, and want an unlocked GSM phone.

Guest Apo11on

http://blog.sim-unlocker.com/htc-t8290-is-...max-htc-device/

I'm not sure how much of these specs are true, but if they are - there are 2 major problems with the device (1 of them for north american users only):

1) Extremely poor internal memory 512mb (although there is a microSDHC slot)

2) No UMTS 850/1900 - meaning no 3G in USA.

Other than that it looks sexy, especially the 3.8 inch screen, which is bigger than anything on the cell phone market today

Guest whatledog

I'm not sure how much of these specs are true, but if they are - there are 2 major problems with the device (1 of them for north american users only):

1) Extremely poor internal memory 512mb (although there is a microSDHC slot)

2) No UMTS 850/1900 - meaning no 3G in USA.

Other than that it looks sexy, especially the 3.8 inch screen, which is bigger than anything on the cell phone market today

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.