any advice?

Guest hivez

Hi all,

I have been using the internet sharing function on my samsung i600 for sometime now on vista and it works fine, my i600 is on orange pay as you go and it works fine by just going to the internet sharing menu and clicking connect via the USB

I have however put a fresh copy of XP onto my desktop pc and tried using the internet sharing on this but as soon as I plug it in via USB and press connect a box appears on the computer saying 'Found new hardware' and trys to ask for a driver for MITS SGH-I600 USB,

I dont have any drivers for my phone and was under the assumption windows did not require any drivers to use the fuction internet sharing, I dont see why it works fine on my vista laptop but doesnt work on my freshly installed XP desktop machine, do I need to install something? I dont think I even have activesync installed but I thought internet sharing doesnt need this,

has anyone else had this problem or anyone know where im going wrong? any advice would be appreciated as I really want to get my desktop machine online, thanks all

ryan

Guest awarner (MVP)

You will have to install Activesync as that should contain everything you need.

There should also be drivers on the cd that came with your phone.

One useful post by Madsci that may help you can be found HERE