T-Mobile sells over 1.5 million G1 Android phones

Guest tsutton

Guest tsutton
thumb_13-Oct-2008_g1android_2_2.jpg

It's good to see a nice & healthy figure for the T-Mobile's G1 where they have sold 1.5 million units so far. And it's not even been released yet!

Word is now out that over 1.5 million units have been sold, and that before anyone in that big crowd has even seen a G1 in person. That tells you how excited people are getting over Android. Add 2 million units that are reported to hit retail stores this month to that 1.5 million in sales and the G1 could be even bigger than that fruity phone

I think it's amazing they have achieved it... but only if the figures are true as the figured were from rumour/word of mouth and as far as I can see, has not been confirmed by T-Mobile.

Either way, I look forward to play one of these phone.

Are you one of thoses who pre-ordered the G1? Will the G1 be overhyped like we saw with Apple's iPhone 3G?

[Via: jkontherun]

Guest welshmikie
thumb_13-Oct-2008_g1android_2_2.jpg

It's good to see a nice & healthy figure for the T-Mobile's G1 where they have sold 1.5 million units so far. And it's not even been released yet!

I think it's amazing they have achieved it... but only if the figures are true as the figured were from rumour/word of mouth and as far as I can see, has not been confirmed by T-Mobile.

Either way, I look forward to play one of these phone.

Are you one of thoses who pre-ordered the G1? Will the G1 be overhyped like we saw with Apple's iPhone 3G?

[Via: jkontherun]

Im going to london on the 28th of October to see this phone, we have one in work at the moment but its with the training department should see it wednesday

Guest welshmikie

hiya the 28th is the google presentation in london and then we launch on november the 8th but that could change. I have one here now and its rather nice and there are apps in the market place to download already. i have photos and will upload on here

Guest tsutton

Very nice. Is the google presentation for T-mobile employee only or public can go? I will be in London during that week and would love to see it. :lol:

Guest Confucious

Is it just me that thinks

a ) Android doesn't seem ready - maybe given time but not now and

b ) It's fugly

Edited by Confucious

• 3 weeks later...

I'm sure Google and T-Mobile would love this to be "overhyped" like the iPhone, but I'm really not seeing any buzz over it. I agree with the poster above, Android's not ready yet, what's more, the G1 simply isn't good enough to give the OS a proper launch. It's very mediocre hardware, topped off with a largely unknown and underdeveloped OS, and an empty appstore, all tied in to an expensive contract - not the most compelling mass market proposition.

Maybe in a year or so Android will be big news. Then again...

Guest kurtfhouse

On Monday I got the e-mail informing me I could be one of the lucky few to get a G1 first. I went to the website had a good look at the phone and just couldn't seem to convince myself to buy it (which is saying something for me with a new phone!).

It just seems sub standard somehow and the reviews are pretty mixed, I am particulary concerned with reports on the battery life.

I really wanted to want it as well. I certainly wouldn't entertain the £40, 18 month contract anyway, they should have given more options. I loved the idea of open source and use linux almost 100% of the time on my PC but I don't get the feeling this is ready yet.

The fact that the Touch HD launch was scheduled just a few days after doesn't help either, now thats what the G1 should have been, I think I will be getting one of those as my foray back into PDA market instead.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.