Camera Lens Cover

Guest sfleuriet

Guest sfleuriet

I've had my BJII for a while (always in my pocket with my keys), so the camera lens is pretty scratched now.. and its affecting the quality of pictures & videos quite a bit... is there a reasonably cheap way to buy a new lens cover or upper backplate for the phone?? Thanks

Guest john redcorn

Don't know about buying but I've had acceptable results on things like that starting out with some 1000 grit sandpaper and then finishing up with some plastic polishing compound. (car parts store, chemicals and cleaners section)

That clear lens cover thing is pretty small though, might be hard to do by hand, maybe a dremel with a buffing wheel.

You might hear some stuff about using toothpaste, don't do it. I've tried it before and toothpaste is way more abrasive than even regular rubbing compound, much less plastic polishing compound.

I keep mine in my pocket too but an empty one. I do make vinyl static-cling screen protectors for the screen and the camera but they never stay on the camera.

Edited by john redcorn

Guest sfleuriet

Thanks - I might try using my dremel with polishing wheel. Should I try with polishing compound? I'm afraid that might make a mess of the phone.. probably a good idea to take it apart.

I'd hate to go to all this trouble though, if the BJIII is about to come out :lol:

Guest sfleuriet

Well I tried demeling it with a tiny amount of polishing compound, and from the outside the lens looks great, but on screen the entire camera picture is blurry. I think I made some hairline cracks in the lens. Oh well.

I would just advise nobody should dremel their camera lens lol