Win Mobile Running on iPhone!

Guest deadphill

Guest deadphill

For those of you who have defected over to the dark side and bought an apple iPhone, you can now choose your os of choice courtesy of some kid in Norway!

Apparently the device (if of course this is true!) dual boots into a boot camp like selection, then you choose your interface. In its beta form at the moment, it is supposedly set for a release in January.

I wont hold my breath on this but it would be quite funny to see a fully functioning win mobile interface on an iphone!

Oh and before I forget, check out the video interviewing the "developer". Being Norweigean, he gives it on good authority that the girls there are all programming! Having been to Norway twice, and having seen the talent, if this is true it must be the biggest collection of clever and beautiful girls in the world!

Click here to see the video

Courtesy of engadget and Modaco member Danarc for his post in the submit news section.

Cheers

Phill

Guest acabbie
For those of you who have defected over to the dark side and bought an apple iPhone, you can now choose your os of choice courtesy of some kid in Norway!

Apparently the device (if of course this is true!) dual boots into a boot camp like selection, then you choose your interface. In its beta form at the moment, it is supposedly set for a release in January.

I wont hold my breath on this but it would be quite funny to see a fully functioning win mobile interface on an iphone!

Oh and before I forget, check out the video interviewing the "developer". Being Norweigean, he gives it on good authority that the girls there are all programming! Having been to Norway twice, and having seen the talent, if this is true it must be the biggest collection of clever and beautiful girls in the world!

Click here to see the video

Courtesy of engadget and Modaco member Danarc for his post in the submit news section.

Cheers

Phill

Clever young chap isn't he ??

The thing i find most depresssing is that it actually loads up so much quicker on the iPhone than on anything thats been specifically developed for windows.

Guest Fate-X-

Fake. Check the engadget post and see the update. I was following this in the xda-developers thread and I was hoping this was real :lol: I want WinMo on the iPhone. That would be my perfect device unless HTC magically decides to make the HTC Touch HD's screen captive. =/ Stupid HTC for not implanting captive ts in any of their phones. They don't realize how much of a difference it would make to us users.

Guest deadphill

Damn

Not only is everyone dissappointed that there is not winmob on the iPhone, but all those Norweigan geeks now have their aspirations of fit programming girls working with them wiped out!

Have some pity!!! :lol:

Cheers

Phill

Guest deadphill

Yea, I just wanted to add a bit of fun to the world with this post. You might see that from the slight sarcasm in my original post!

Still the idea of it might make people want to do it now!!!

Cheers

Phill

Having spent too much of my like exhibiting at real trade shows , the scales have fallen from my eyes - you can make the whole thing up! The give-away to me was that nobody was clasping a plastic bag full of freebies....

Guest Alex (nedge2k)
Yea, I just wanted to add a bit of fun to the world with this post. You might see that from the slight sarcasm in my original post!

Still the idea of it might make people want to do it now!!!

Cheers

Phill

Backtracking there Phil? :D

Let's not forget WM runs mainly on ARM architecture and the chances of emulating that on an iPhone AND making is fast enough to be usable are incredibly slim.

That being said, future iPhone's may well be ARM based, at which point the chances become alot better :lol:

Let's not forget WM runs mainly on ARM architecture and the chances of emulating that on an iPhone AND making is fast enough to be usable are incredibly slim.

That being said, future iPhone's may well be ARM based, at which point the chances become alot better :lol:

Errr... I think that the iPhone already runs on an ARM11 platform.

The only info that suggested otherwise was pre-release conjecture, as far as I know.

Do you have a source claiming that it isn't?

Edited by argh

Guest mikeeey
Errr... I think that the iPhone already runs on an ARM11 platform.

The only info that suggested otherwise was pre-release conjecture, as far as I know.

Do you have a source claiming that it isn't?

in that video the emulation speed is horrible, not to mention it's running 16-colors. It's really struggling lol.

in that video the emulation speed is horrible, not to mention it's running 16-colors. It's really struggling lol.

Err.. what are you on about? It wasn't an emulation, it was a fake application showing screenshots from Windows Mobile. The images looked just like a WM device to me and the pauses were put in to make it look like it was really running WM :lol:

Guest paholman
Backtracking there Phil? :D

I thought the iPhone and iPhone 3G already had an ARM chip.

620mhz ARM CPU but locked at 412mhz to conserve the battery life

Guest natalie1981_cutie

Oh wow, my initial reaction upon seeing the thread is: OMG! THE world is ending! Winmo + iPhone?!! It's like a devil marrying an angel (up to you fanboys to choose who's who). Anyways, thank goodness it's a hoax. Now I wont' have to go to church for confession. LOL. :lol:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.