WE CAN NOW COOK CUSTOM ROMS! What do we want in / out?

Guest PaulOBrien

Theoretically, we need to verify that the space is actually 'freed up' correctly.

Once have the DXHJ1 CSC as a seperate file from Secany, I might post a demo ROM for peeps to check out...

P

[/quoteYES MAN A DEMO AND GUIDE ARE CRUCIAL :D ;) :lol:

Edited by 1Mack

If the Storage space is freed up then the best idea would be a completely clean ROM as has already been suggested and a .cab depository for everything that has been removed. I'm loving this idea though as there's so much crap installed in ROM that I would never dream of using and it takes up so much space! I'm down to 10Mb with Manila 2D and FTouchSL installed and any extra internal storage is a definite bonus as far as I'm concerned! :D

Edit:

Depository? Is that the right word? I knew it wasn't suppository anyway so I've saved myself some embarrasment! :lol:

Edited by Guest

Guest ferrari85
If the Storage space is freed up then the best idea would be a completely clean ROM as has already been suggested and a .cab depository for everything that has been removed. I'm loving this idea though as there's so much crap installed in ROM that I would never dream of using and it takes up so much space! I'm down to 10Mb with Manila 2D and FTouchSL installed and any extra internal storage is a definite bonus as far as I'm concerned! ;)

Edit:

Depository? Is that the right word? I knew it wasn't suppository anyway so I've saved myself some embarrasment! :D

x2 on a completely clean ROM with cabs for the stuff removed. Gives everyone the flexibility to choose what and where to install the stuff :lol: Stuff like Touch Player, Streaming player, podcast, shozu etc etc are more or less useless to me. I have ard 34mb left after installing manilla 2d and some other stuff, any extra will be good :o

Guest Paul (MVP)

Extracting things from the ROM isn't THAT straightforward, as everything is lumped old-style into 1 package, not split nicely like on the Diamond... :lol:

P

Guest draxredd

IN :

.NET 3.5

Flahlite 3.1

Language Settings app.

HTC compatible accelerometer dlls (v 0.3 iirc)

Some streaming video player

OUT :

.NET 2.0 (obsolete)

Flashlite 2 (obsolete)

Samsung Widgets (space hog)

Samsung Today 1 (space hog)

Google stuff (space hog)

Edited by draxredd

Guest frankmehta

id like a SUPER light version that has the least features. only the bare minimums. the omnia comes with very less storage memory u know. and theres one thing id really like. if only there was a screen rotation software built in that one could determine WHERE one would want the auto screen rotation and where not. besides, id also like a shortcut key to screen rotation. im sorry if all this sounds out of reach but these features are very desirable.

i would also want a better looking main menu and would love to have the original call log back where one can see the call timers.

a very good media library should be included and the crappy samsung one must go.

can a rom be cooked with increased sensitivity of the touchscreen? i come from the iphone 3g so the screen feels very dead and unresponsive at times.

would also prefer to have the samsung dialler but with better skins.

one more good idea would be to have the thumbable volume buttons a la the htc diamond.

touch flow 2d is also very good and if embedded in the system, could help free some memory.

i would also prefer if the SYSTEM details like processor speed and ram details were freely available in the phone, like the normal winmo devices.

i have many more requests, and ill keep adding them as they come along.

Guest jakeordie

Nice one Paul! Let me second that I would like a guide to cooking my own ROM. It was your ROM flash guide that first led me to this forum, and something similar for ROM cooking would be perfect.

Second, will it be possible to extract LifeDiary from a Russian ROM and have it work in an English ROM? Still waiting for that one.

Third, does the cooking tool let you into the radio ROM? Still chasing 850/1900 HSDPA and hoping it's ROM specific.

Thanks!

Guest Ice Man

Paul, is it possible to create a WM6.1 standard ROM, i.e remove all the samsung skins from phone, clock, and the Today widget, 1, & 2. I beleive these have already been ripped on xda developers so these can be re-added via a cab if required. Not sure about everone else but i hate the samsung skins on phone, noticed there is a zip file under windows directory called "standard_skin" not sure if this contains all my requested?

Also think your SIP & Threaded apps should be in as are dimond, but maybe moved into settings over programs!

:lol:

Edited by Ice Man

Guest Paul (MVP)
id like a SUPER light version that has the least features. only the bare minimums. the omnia comes with very less storage memory u know. and theres one thing id really like. if only there was a screen rotation software built in that one could determine WHERE one would want the auto screen rotation and where not. besides, id also like a shortcut key to screen rotation. im sorry if all this sounds out of reach but these features are very desirable.

i would also want a better looking main menu and would love to have the original call log back where one can see the call timers.

a very good media library should be included and the crappy samsung one must go.

can a rom be cooked with increased sensitivity of the touchscreen? i come from the iphone 3g so the screen feels very dead and unresponsive at times.

would also prefer to have the samsung dialler but with better skins.

one more good idea would be to have the thumbable volume buttons a la the htc diamond.

touch flow 2d is also very good and if embedded in the system, could help free some memory.

i would also prefer if the SYSTEM details like processor speed and ram details were freely available in the phone, like the normal winmo devices.

i have many more requests, and ill keep adding them as they come along.

Check out DXHJ1, the screen is a LOT more sensitive!

P

Guest Paul (MVP)
Nice one Paul! Let me second that I would like a guide to cooking my own ROM. It was your ROM flash guide that first led me to this forum, and something similar for ROM cooking would be perfect.

Second, will it be possible to extract LifeDiary from a Russian ROM and have it work in an English ROM? Still waiting for that one.

Third, does the cooking tool let you into the radio ROM? Still chasing 850/1900 HSDPA and hoping it's ROM specific.

Thanks!

Yes, you can have LifeDiary, it'll be in Russian tho! :lol:

Er, we can already get to the radio ROM as in flashing whichever version we choose, I don't ever see anyone reverse engineering it...

P

Guest Paul (MVP)
Paul, is it possible to create a WM6.1 standard ROM, i.e remove all the samsung skins from phone, clock, and the Today widget, 1, & 2. I beleive these have already been ripped on xda developers so these can be re-added via a cab if required. Not sure about everone else but i hate the samsung skins on phone, noticed there is a zip file under windows directory called "standard_skin" not sure if this contains all my requested?

Also think your SIP & Threaded apps should be in as are dimond!

standard_skin is the Opera skin.

You could rip all the skins out, similar to the request for a basic WinMo skin above. If someone has the time / inclination, maybe it'll happen.

I like Samsung's tweaks on the whole :lol:

P

Guest thegoodly
It's gonna be tricky, cos everyone want's different things!

My first ROM will just be what I need - most things left in, but size optimised, performance optimised etc...

P

nice one! i go with you! better performance and size optimised! with most things left in, keep up the good work.

Guest frankmehta

paul!

why dont u open a poll on this thread?

make a list of all the things we ppl have mentioned and list them out.

ppl can tick/select those features that they like, and remove features they dont.

THEN you can cook a rom. i think thatll be very popular and based on ppls usage!

whatsay?