Have u updated to DXHJ1 and how did it go?

Guest danarc

Can I update my firmware from my curretn version to DXHJ1 ?

YES

Do I need to pass by an other update before ?

NO

Can I use vista or do I have to use XP ?

XP

<_<

Guest KingKoresh
Hi !

Can I update my firmware from my curretn version to DXHJ1 ?

Current version:

PDA: i900DXHG3 / DXHG3

PHONE: i900DXHG3

Do I need to pass by an other update before ?

Can I use vista or do I have to use XP ?

Thank you for your help !

You can jump straight to HJ1

Guest grypenigma

do we need to key in the code to flash the camera firmware as well when we are upgrading to J1? or the camera firmware is even better in J1?

Those who are in J1 can feedback? :lol:

a little update from me:

in a post earlier i said that everything works fine. I have to correct myself :lol:

The vibration on calling does not work anymore. When i write a message then the vibration effect is working, but when i got a incoming call nothin happens.

I updated from the german rom HI5 to DXHJ1.

Is there anyone how suffered the same problem?

this is really annoying and i'm thinking about to downgrade to HI3 :D

You should correct the thread title to DXHJ1

Thanks. it has been corrected and its encouraging that ppl seems happy with their update. i might take the bold route and update mine.

Guest KingKoresh
a little update from me:

in a post earlier i said that everything works fine. I have to correct myself :lol:

The vibration on calling does not work anymore. When i write a message then the vibration effect is working, but when i got a incoming call nothin happens.

It works fine for me. Have you gone to Settings -> Personal -> Sounds & Notifications then make sure that for incoming calls it is set for ring and vibration.

Try that and let us know?

Guest Massive Attack
Okay, i inserted the sim-card and flashed again, and everything works like a dream so far..

My first successfull upgrade :lol:

hey, mind telling us what did you do to have successful update? im just wondering why a lot of people here have failing port? was it because of samsung usb driver not installed? or using vista? or the port that samsung assigned to use is being used by another application?

It works fine for me. Have you gone to Settings -> Personal -> Sounds & Notifications then make sure that for incoming calls it is set for ring and vibration.

Try that and let us know?

i tried this but it had no effect :lol:

Guest KingKoresh
i tried this but it had no effect :lol:

tres bizarre. Sorry I am out of ideas on this one.

hmm unless you have installed something that has a profile manager like SPB Mobile Shell - perhaps a profile is set through that which doesn't have vibration installed? The bottom of my barrel is being scraped here - sorry!

Guest Rednose5

Noticed the following: As i drag a witched back to the side bar it wil be placed at that position. Before i never noticed this, so it might be new. e.g. pick up the clock and place it all down the line of your widgets.

Next thing is that the heat problem must be under control. As i was driving home I was checking IGO 8 from Garmin, because tomtom was so slow getting a gps fix, and had it attached to my car chrarger. After a drive of app. 15 min the battery was charged more then when I left the office while I was navigating and also GPRS was turned on. Yes the phone was warm and heated up but it was about the same as when I was only navigating on GPS, no gprs and not charging on DXHI3 :lol:

Guest scott_sg14
a little update from me:

I am having this issue too after flashing.

Anyone has any solutions?

Guest Henry_i900

I have just flashed HJ1.

Before I had HG4, then HI1.

I find it a very good ROM.

What I noticed:

- I had much more free storage memory going to HI1 from HG4, in HJ1 it's about 55MB, a little less than HI1, but OK

- GPS: in HG4 I had 5-7 satellites inside my room, with HI1 - 12, with HJ1 the same 12-13, but signal is better

- BUT in HI1 with GPS the back was warm, not a lot, but it was, with HJ1 it's much better, I didn't notice that it was hot.

- In HI1 GPS in camera didn't work, now it's fine!!! (but it worked already in previous ROMs)

- Phone signal in HG4 was 100%, in HI1 - 80%, in HJ1 it's very stable 100%, it's cool!!!

- In HI1 the phone had hot back when USB-connecting (it wasn't in HG4), IT's more colder in HJ1 - OK!

- Peoples talk about better responsive of touch, it was good for me in all ROMs, but I agree that in HJ1 it's very responsive and plaesant to work

- The side slide in Settings and Programs worked fine in HG4, not good in HI1, but is back to be good in HJ1

- I tested the phone and I DO HAVE the Vibration with incoming calls and all tips of alarms (when you can put it on)

- In all 3 ROMs my Enhanced GPS download the data in 2-3 seconds

- I think the GPS is working better and connect me much more faster (inside room, 3 meters from windows camera connects GPS in 4 seconds), the navigators connect me in 1-2 seconds, now writing I am sitting 4 meters from window (inside) and have 10 satellites in view and stable 6 connected, in HG4 it was 0 from 0-1 in view and in HI1 it was 1-3 from 3-5 in view. Outside it's all he can connect, very good!!! Tested it inside car and inside (in the middle) the bus, perfect connect about 8 satellites.

- battery life seems good, I think better then HI1

Flashed without any problems, with hard reset after flashing.

Guest Reuben (MY)
Ok, now i just did as described above and got:

Step 4. Phone image Downloading

Downloading PHONE...

Switch USB to Phone Success...

Error! PhoneUSB Detect Failed

Port Create retry (25)

Port Create retry (24)

Port Create retry (23)

Port Create retry (22)

Port Create retry (21)

Port Create retry (20)

Port Create retry (19)

Port Create retry (18)

Port Create retry (17)

Port Create retry (16)

Port Create retry (15)

Port Create retry (14)

Port Create retry (13)

Port Create retry (12)

Port Create retry (11)

Port Create retry (10)

Port Create retry (9)

Port Create retry (8)

Port Create retry (7)

Port Create retry (6)

Port Create retry (5)

Port Create retry (4)

Port Create retry (3)

Port Create retry (2)

Port Create retry (1)

Port Create retry (0)

Download failed!!

Now what?

Phone just has the Samsung omnia logo, and the green progress bar across bottom...

have you forgoten to install Samsung Modem? this error usually cause by no modem driver found on your XP... install the modem driver and restart your xp first.

Guest sky-net

Also a short update:

I noticed that the battery power is much better now with HJ1.

I charged my phone yesterday night and it still shows about 80%. I didn't change anything in the behavior.

I used HH1 before and the battery lasts only for 1-2 days.

GPS is still weak.

Camera is still not that good. In room pictures still look blurred (with anti shake on).

The phone doesn't get hot. I watched a video yesterday and it was just getting hadn warm :lol:

I'm happy with HJ1. The only thing I'm reall missing: a fix for the cleartype issue

Edited by sky-net

Guest Reuben (MY)
a little update from me:

done hard reset? sometimes a simple hard reset after upgrade makes a lot different.

About samsung modem my experience after some flashings (windows xp) is that I must uninstall and reinstall modem

before every new flashing to avoid port errors during processs. This way I get correct results.

Guest Junoman
Also a short update:

I noticed that the battery power is much better now with HJ1.

I charged my phone yesterday night and it still shows about 80%. I didn't change anything in the behavior.

I used HH1 before and the battery lasts only for 1-2 days.

GPS is still weak.

Camera is still not that good. In room pictures still look blurred (with anti shake on).

The phone doesn't get hot. I watched a video yesterday and it was just getting hadn warm :lol:

I'm happy with HJ1. The only thing I'm reall missing: a fix for the cleartype issue

Fair comment and I can agree with your comments. Considerable improvement to battery life compare to HI1.

But start-up compartively slower than HI1 and touch pad sensitivity almost similar to HI1.

Any sugeestions to improve this poor GPS reception? I would much grateful if any of you guys could advise and guide me in simplyfied steps please? Having tried all the suggestion (GPSproxy, Gpsgate, etc etc) to improve GPS start-up/reception time but there is no aparaent improvement. I'm fed-up now. (I'm with TT6 cos I donot have TT7)

For me HJ1 is better than HI1.

Cheers'

Guest Hydroxpert

hmmm i just flashed mine a few hours ago :lol: screen is quite sensitive now but i tried scrolling with thumbs no effect..expected though somewhat. no extra apps or anything...but seems faster

Guest Shadowy

I'm very happy with HJ1, as reported by many others it's more sensitive, doesn't heat up as much as before, and after applying the registry tweak for gps I'm getting a fix within seconds using Route 66. I don't know of that's HJ1, the tweak or a combination of both but either way I'm happy :lol:

About samsung modem my experience after some flashings (windows xp) is that I must uninstall and reinstall modem

before every new flashing to avoid port errors during processs. This way I get correct results.

Hi, That's exactly what I do before each flash and I've had no problems until now (5 flashing).

Hi GUys,

I updated to DXHJ1 two days ago, and did notice the sensitivity and increase in speed as other have. But also.. i've seem to have lost the motion sensor repsonse.. =S

My screen will not automatcally rotate when i turn it on the side... it simply doesn't do anything... =(

if i goto manual mode and set it, it works rotates but you have to you go into the settings every tme you want to set the orientation.

anyone else noticed this??

is it possible to reflash it again, if that will make a difference (i doubt it though)