Overclocking the BJII Part II - WM 6.1

Guest MadSci

I haven't re-installed the overclocking software since I upgraded to WM6.1 (time, time, time..wherefore art thou!) and I was wondering if anyone could comment on their experience overclocking the BJ II running 6.1?

At factory speed, 6.1 seems significantly faster. Is it stable at higher speeds? Even faster?

Thanks,

MadSci :lol:

Guest Malibu21

I've been running mine at 288 and it seems fine, I tried 300 and it ran, but 288 is fine for me, a good speed and still good battery life. Don't you just love the sliding panel interface on the 6.1?

Guest CHLST54

I can only overclock up to 264mhz on WM6 and 6.1. Anything higher will freeze my BJ2 and I have to take the battery out and reboot. Also, when I have to overclocked at 264 mhz, my voice recorder and voice command gets messed up and sounds really choppy. I just keep it at factory speed.

Edited by CHLST54

I can only overclock up to 264mhz on WM6 and 6.1. Anything higher will freeze my BJ2 and I have to take the battery out and reboot. Also, when I have to overclocked at 264 mhz, my voice recorder and voice command gets messed up and sounds really choppy. I just keep it at factory speed.

Some do, and some don't, so far it sounds just like the situation with the original ROM doesn't it.

I'm curious, did each of you have the same limitations with the original ROM, or has the situation changed for each of you after you upgraded. ie each individual handset is different.

If it turns out that everyone reports pretty much the same limitations after they upgraded as before, then the "overclock or not to overclock" dilemma will be answered for most of us.

Personally, I'm hoping the pre vs post upgrade patterns are different - I'd love to be able to run at 288!

Thanks for your reports!

MadSci