Benq E72 mini usb connector

Guest 17-APG

Hi Guys,

I have the above phone and must say it is a great device and is well worth the price for a WinMo 6.0 device with its feature set. I want to get a 3.5 mm adaptor so that I can use mt Shure headset. Problems problems.... My HTC adaptor will not fit into the socket because it has one straight side and one curved side. The E72 has both sides cuved much like the end on all mini usb chargers. I did get my mits on a Samsung adaptor that did fit but the sound still outputted to the rear speaker.

First off, what is the exact type of usb connector used by Benq in this phone (it seems to have 5 pins)? and does anyone know where I could get an adaptor that will suit?? I am sure that I am not the only one frantically searching!!

Hi Guys,

I have the above phone and must say it is a great device and is well worth the price for a WinMo 6.0 device with its feature set. I want to get a 3.5 mm adaptor so that I can use mt Shure headset. Problems problems.... My HTC adaptor will not fit into the socket because it has one straight side and one curved side. The E72 has both sides cuved much like the end on all mini usb chargers. I did get my mits on a Samsung adaptor that did fit but the sound still outputted to the rear speaker.

First off, what is the exact type of usb connector used by Benq in this phone (it seems to have 5 pins)? and does anyone know where I could get an adaptor that will suit?? I am sure that I am not the only one frantically searching!!

Might someone out there have an answer for this???????????

Guest lapimate
... usb connector used by Benq in this phone (it seems to have 5 pins)? ...

Can anyone confirm the charger connections? The plug-pack has a diagram showing pin5 -, pin1 +[5V]. Are there any other pins connected? For example is pin4 connected to pin5 (or earthed) like the i-mate SP3 which used that to determine whether it was plugged into a charger or a USB port? I have tried to determine with an ohmmeter & voltmeter, but the plug is hard to access with confidence that the intended pins are in contact.

I have tried plugging in both an "ordinary" USB 5V supply, and to an i-mate SP3 5V supply. In both cases the E72 charging icon appears so presumably OK, but on the other hand the socket is also used for headset connection, so one does not want to short-circuit that circuitry.