No Vibration from Blackjack II

Guest Dan81484

Guest Dan81484

I have a BJ2 that does not vibrate. I was wondering if it was possible to know if I could take it apart and fix it. Its something that I would really like to have and use. Thanks.

I have a BJ2 that does not vibrate. I was wondering if it was possible to know if I could take it apart and fix it. Its something that I would really like to have and use. Thanks.

Try going into the Engineering mode & test the vibration before opening up the phone.

Look around this forum to find out how to access the engineering mode.

Do it at your own risk & perform a backup just in case something got messed up.

Do a hard reset of the phone.

Look around on the forum to find out how to do it. I forgot :X

Just make sure you take out your SIM card and charge the battery to 100% or when its reset it will think the current battery status is 100% which in turn could strangle your battery life.

Same thing happened to me though, vibrate went.. Start menu got screwed. Thank God for the Hard reset.

Enjoy!

• 1 month later...
Guest sonofdaviddavis

Did the hard reset work for you? I had this same problem, but after hard reseting, going through registry, opening and cleaning phone's guts, and getting an entirely new battery (as I understand the vibrate mechanisms are sometimes inside the battery), I still have had no luck. The new battery I bought was not OEM though, from eBay - if all else fails and you try this resolve too, maybe try a real Samsung battery (it's nice to have a spare anyway), and let me know for sure if that works because I very much do not like having vibrate anymore, but I have no solutions left to try ... I started a post on this several months ago and so far no solutions have worked (but I haven't tried engineering mode, something I would do NOW if the search on this website wasn't down right now). Good luck.

Guest sonofdaviddavis

Engineering mode (*#9999*0#) Vibration Test yielded still no vibration on my device, though I did freak myself out for a second when I Screen tested and the device went blank. Anybody know where the physical hardware is or even what it will look like? -Check that, I found the magnetized vibration device (not part of the battery, it's on the phone, the circular dime sized device that is connected with red and blue wires), and it looks like there's no hope for repair, it will have to be a replacement part, if I can find it.

Edited by sonofdaviddavis