UnderClock using XCPUScalar Improves OMNIA lags!!

Guest fychan

Guest dwallersv
i am using version 3.03 on a "Shokka" or however u spell it winmo 6.5 rom with spbshell

i maxed it out to 500 cause thats all it'll go to.

i am noticing faster everything so i can confirm visually that there is a noticeable difference.

3.03 can be obtained here:

http://www.immiersoft.com/download.htm

Yeah, 3.03 (XCPUScaler 2007) is the same one all the rest of us tried out.

It doesn't work. Try turning down the clockspeed to 200Mhz... the Omnia will still be blazing fast and responsive.

Installing and running it will simply turn off auto CPU speed adjustments, maxing the clock at 624Mhz, no matter where you set the sliders.

Guest damienloh
i am using version 3.03 on a "Shokka" or however u spell it winmo 6.5 rom with spbshell

i maxed it out to 500 cause thats all it'll go to.

i am noticing faster everything so i can confirm visually that there is a noticeable difference.

3.03 can be obtained here:

http://www.immiersoft.com/download.htm

That's the cab I downloaded from (Handango & PocketGear).

There is no CPU speed slider!

Edited by damienloh

Guest rick.duarte
That's the cab I downloaded from (Handango & PocketGear).

There is no CPU speed slider!

For me too.

I can't set configurations.

I'm using Khuanchai's rom: Omnia ROM base DXIF1 build 23004/21028 with BT-audio fix (12 July 2009)

If you get it working, please let me know ....

Guest dwallersv

Guys, XCPUScalar does not work on the Omnia. Period.

The only thing it does, at all, is turn off CPU clock scaling and max the CPU out at 624Mhz. This will make your Omnia snappy and fast, and run the battery down in about 3 hours.

There is nothing anyone here can do to get it working properly. That would have to be done by the developer, and he seems to have abandoned the application at this point.

• 4 months later...
Guest chinamanblue
Guys, XCPUScalar does not work on the Omnia. Period.

The only thing it does, at all, is turn off CPU clock scaling and max the CPU out at 624Mhz. This will make your Omnia snappy and fast, and run the battery down in about 3 hours.

There is nothing anyone here can do to get it working properly. That would have to be done by the developer, and he seems to have abandoned the application at this point.

sounds like it does work but not fully.

if it will let me run full power 624mhz while i need to do something like play a video or record 640x480 without hiccups...thats pretty impressive even considering the limitations. under wm6.5.1 com5 build 28005...i cant video without stutters. if xcpuscalar solves that...it has a niche.

i can disable when i want to go back to throttling.

i hope that developer fixes it though, it would be cool to have app selective throttling.

• 8 months later...