voda branded X1s

Guest fards

Hi does anyone have any idea what tat Vodafone are likely to stick on their variation of experia, what they're likely to remove and more importantly how simple it will be to stick a proper rom on there?

Very tempted to get one this week if they come out, contract up on T-mob for a while, and the only thing I've been offered is a G1 (when it arrives) which looks to be a bit too much of a disappointment.

Guest andrewkeith5

i'm going to pop into my local vodafone store and see if they'll let me hav ea g on one later, so i'll report back on the branding status for you

edit: well i just got back from the store

the branding is so light it might as well not be there, theres a vodafone logo on the back cover and a few vodafone programs (vodafone live, a mapping program)

I didn't see messenger, windows live or any youtube app if there was supposed to be one

it is very slow though...took about 5 second to change from porttrait to landscape on the panels - you also can't get the standard today screen from what i could tell

vodafone will give it to you for free on a £50/18 month contract

on a £35/18 month contract they want £150 for the phone

on a £35/12 month contract they want £250 for the phone, as with on a £30/18 or £25/18 month contract

it's £500 to buy on pay as you go

Edited by andrewkeith5

I now have a VF branded one, and awaiting my number porting to start playing with the VF stuff, (got my tmob sim in there till weds).

Branding is very minimal, some tweaks to the google panel, and a small vodafone logo on the rear. Nice not really slow at all, done some tweaks to the cache, and it's sped up a bit more, certainly no delay in changing to landscape and back unless something else is taking up lots of processor time.

the VF progs don't get in the way which is good, and I didn't pay for the phone either!

Time will tell if I can cope with dropping to such a small screen size from the Athena.

Edited by fards

Guest MrZippo
I now have a VF branded one, and awaiting my number porting to start playing with the VF stuff, (got my tmob sim in there till weds).

Branding is very minimal, some tweaks to the google panel, and a small vodafone logo on the rear. Nice not really slow at all, done some tweaks to the cache, and it's sped up a bit more, certainly no delay in changing to landscape and back unless something else is taking up lots of processor time.

the VF progs don't get in the way which is good, and I didn't pay for the phone either!

Time will tell if I can cope with dropping to such a small screen size from the Athena.

May I ask what tweaks you have done to the cache and how do I got about doing it please

I read on another forum that Voda have used reg entries to force some programs (I think IM was one of them) to always use a cellular connection, even if wifi is enabled.

There have also been reports of bluetooth stopping working when the phone enters standby but I'm not sure if that is related to Voda or if its also a problem on the generic versions.

Can anyone check this out? I am keen to pick up an X1 but I don't want to lose the ability to stream music to my bluetooth car kit.