Custom ROM: MoDaCo DTHJ9-MCR03 - Last update 03/11/08

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Yunabeco

There have been reports of flashes working in VMWare (make sure it's in full screen when you use it). I don't have any particular thread to point out, but a search should clear that; you might want to try it.

As for me, I've kept a little XP partition ever since I upgraded to Vista. Was more useful than I expected.

Guest bmn4711

Hi..

I've updated to this rom. So far so good.

But just to check if bluetooth is working? I can't seem to receive files using bluetooth from my laptop. I get this "Remote device does not support service" error.

Anybody can clarify or is it just me?

Thanks.

Guest Hydroxpert

hmm in order to stop bringing my omnia to school and flashing it with the horrendously slow computers, i installed windows xp onto my windows vista computer...messed with the bootloader but now it's okay. the effort taken to install windows xp should IMHO be negligible compared to the advantages gained by being able to flash your phone now and then as and when you like, and at any time in the comfort of your home...

by the way, updated to MCR02 :lol: was successful. only thing is gwes.exe crashes noticably often but ah well small problem

There have been reports of flashes working in VMWare (make sure it's in full screen when you use it). I don't have any particular thread to point out, but a search should clear that; you might want to try it.

As for me, I've kept a little XP partition ever since I upgraded to Vista. Was more useful than I expected.

I can confirm that this works. I've upgraded my ROM three times using an XP virtual machine on my Vista laptop - no problems at all here.

Guest Geronymous

After 2 days using MCR2, I am happy with it, but somehow I think it is less stable than the (non cooked) ROM's I've had before... I have device.exe crashes once in a while, and sometimes it seems to hang. I also had sometimes troubles with the Samsung SIP within IE... AppToDate gives a fatal error just after starting it (not sure how to use it though).

Btw, these issues could be related to DTHJ6, and not necessarily to the cooking of the ROM obviously...

Anyone else has experienced (part of) this too?

EDIT: One more issue I have had twice already... when shutting down the Omnia (holding power button), it freezes on the splash screen and the sound hangs for a minute or so. This happened when the Omnia was kind of hanging and I tried to shut it down to reset.

Edited by Geronymous

Guest Thoumin

Flash done today with the MCR02. No problem except the "port create failed" because the CDMA device was connected for the first time. Win XP was too long to install the drivers (Samsung drivers was already installed).

I reflash the device and it's ok. It's a great rom and Opera 9.5 build 2520 is nice. Well done Paul.

bluetooth is not working? I can't seem to receive files using bluetooth from my laptop. the laptop get this "connection failed " error.

the beam is open !!!!

Thanks.

Edited by XCoNaN

Do i need to use grandprix to flush this rom?or just use common way?

many thanks for answering my noob question

like it says in the first post, install modem driver and make sure Sync works and after just start the ROM the grandprix will open within the rom so don't care about it.

Good luck

Hi Paul,

Thank you for the new Cook ROMs

But for DTHJ6-MCR02 the trick to put Chinese SIP CSC then sunfon.ac3 does work SIP came out but not the Chinese fonts.

I believe Sunfon file not is not the correct version for dthj6.

Anyhow I will revert back to Black Daimond 1.0 for the time being, as Chinese SIP works, I believe BDaimond ROM the sunfon was not remove.

Thanks again.

hi paul,

before i flash back to black diamond v1.0 I try DTHJ5-mcr01, the Sunfon trick doesn't work either, hopefully nothing wrong with my Omnia.

Just flash back to Black Diamond. and...... the Chinese SIP ........still waiting for reboot.......works without add the Sunfon, ie Sunfon was not remove from the orginal HJ1.

Ok, 2.5 hours hard work, time for lunch.

Thank again for your hard work.

MCR02-1.jpgMCR02-2.jpg

So the work continutes on my custom Omnia ROMs, which will show in 'Version' with version numbers starting MCR (= MoDaCo Custom ROM)...

This is the second custom ROM, based on DTHJ6.

Changes from stock DTHJ6:

- Removed Windows Update

- Removed Welcome Center

- Removed MS Sample Music

- Removed .net CF 2.0

- Removed Chinese fonts (sunfon.ac3)

- Removed SilverInbox

- Removed Shozu (available in CAB form here)

- Removed IRDA files

- Added .net CF 3.5

- Added Remote Desktop Mobile

- Added AppToDate

- Added Batti 2.4

- Re-added scientific powercalc

- Optimised Samsung applications

- Optimised OneNote

- Optimised Office

- Optimised Other Core applications

- Customised version display (MoDaCo Custom ROM 2 = MCR02)

- Added MoDaCo to default RSS feeds

- Added MoDaCo WinMo Week to default Podcasts

- Scientific calculator is back in

For NEXT version:

- Performance enhancements

- OmniaSUITE (OmniaSIP v3 and OmniaTHREAD)

- Extract Opera to CAB file

Known issues:

None as yet :D

Update format:

- Executable for Windows XP... ensure you have the Samsung Modem Driver installed before use!

Included:

- DXHJ6/MCR02 PDA / CSC

- XXHJ1 Radio

Stats after fresh boot:

Storage Memory: 105.03MB total, 72.88MB free

Program Memory: 97.27MB, 61.41 free

Feedback welcome :lol:

I know lots of people are waiting for a 'clean ROM', but I'm not sure there's a huge amount of benefit. I removed Shozu as it was running at boot, most of the other stuff just sits there until you need it... and we're not exactly short of space are we? ;)

Hats off to everyone who made this possible, secany, mrtoto, the PDAMobiz peeps and anyone else i've left out :o

P

DOWNLOAD LINK: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?jyyhtmwthyy

update was ok for me

thanks

pep

bluetooth is not working? I can't seem to receive files using bluetooth from my laptop. the laptop get this "connection failed " error.

the beam is open !!!!

Thanks.

After update to MCR02 rom my bluetooth stops working, (omnia doesnt suport file transfer services, conection failed, FTP services not available) !

When i look to bluetooth setings there is no com port, "tap new outgoing port", but there is no option to do that...

Anyone has the same problems?

Thanks for answers!

Ma7ija

Guest draligus

everything is ok, but unfortunately, phone closes itself. i do not know why, how? but, in the morning, i was aware of that... (same condition with dr. dots rom)

After update to MCR02 rom my bluetooth stops working, (omnia doesnt suport file transfer services, conection failed, FTP services not available) !

When i look to bluetooth setings there is no com port, "tap new outgoing port", but there is no option to do that...

Anyone has the same problems?

Thanks for answers!

Ma7ija

I flashed it the second time and bluetooth didn't work, also i had lot of other isues, crashes...

then i flashed with original DTHJ6 and everithing is fine now.....

Guest Geronymous
I flashed it the second time and bluetooth didn't work, also i had lot of other isues, crashes...

then i flashed with original DTHJ6 and everithing is fine now.....

Interesting... were you having problems like these:

After 2 days using MCR2, I am happy with it, but somehow I think it is less stable than the (non cooked) ROM's I've had before... I have device.exe crashes once in a while, and sometimes it seems to hang. I also had sometimes troubles with the Samsung SIP within IE... AppToDate gives a fatal error just after starting it (not sure how to use it though).

Btw, these issues could be related to DTHJ6, and not necessarily to the cooking of the ROM obviously...

Anyone else has experienced (part of) this too?

EDIT: One more issue I have had twice already... when shutting down the Omnia (holding power button), it freezes on the splash screen and the sound hangs for a minute or so. This happened when the Omnia was kind of hanging and I tried to shut it down to reset.

omnia is going to be released here in brazil in november.

it wont be named OMNIA, but SAMSUNG TOUCH WIZ.

in the countries where omnia was released with another name, is it possible to flash the ROM with these files posted here?

i bought a singapore omnia, so i was thinking if i could flash it with a brazilian rom because of the brazilian portuguese wm6.1

tia,

lufeig

Guest maks  pain

is it normal on top of the screen there is single horizontal line in purple color?

this thing happen i flashed to this ROM...

not sure because of what..but it makes me worry...

edited:

sorry just figured out..

it's a batti apps

never used before :lol:

post-282601-1225087777_thumb.png

Edited by maks pain

Guest FutureDirt
Bluetooth, hmmm, maybe removing the IRDA package actually breaks some BT stuff?

P

Just been testing this for you:

I can synchronise with mobile device centre(activesync) over bluetooth.

Browsing mobile directory structure and copying/pasting files to and from mobile device centre seems fine.

I can also send files from Omnia to laptop using bluetooth (not in conjunction with activesync).

What i cant seem to achieve is sending files from laptop to Omnia over bluetooth file transfer. (As i mentioned above... doing this with activesync is fine).