Custom ROM: MoDaCo DTHJ9-MCR03 - Last update 03/11/08

Guest PaulOBrien

I have been using this for a few days now and - all things considered - I would say that this is the best ROM that I have tried yet.

I have yet to find any regressions vs the standard HJ5 release.

I have not yet tried Dr Dot's Black Diamond ROM

Guest saznpins

I agree with the PP... best ROM I've had on my Omnia, no problems with my apps including iGuidance which is working perfectly! Thanks Paul! Looking forward to trying out the next incarnation too :lol:

And no blank screen of death since I installed it, woohoo!

Guest 3shirts

I had a strange situation where, after installing Manilla the camera would stop processing video. It would seem fine but once it finished recording the resulting file would be unreadable by either the phone or PC. If I did a soft reset it would work unless I opened all the tabs which seemed to use up too much memory or something because then the problem would come back. Its weird because I had about 52Mb program memory free even after loading all the tabs. I have since hard reset and gone back to SPB Mobile Shell and it's fine, even with less free memory!

Let's be a bit sensible though, there's is absolutely no point removing file explorer, it's <30k!

Making Opera a CAB seems sensible, ditto many of the other Samsung apps I guess, but it's not as easy as it sounds... :lol:

I'm pretty flat out this week, maybe next week i'll look at doing something...

P

I read in a forum www.ppcwa.....org that Flash lite don't work if Opera is not installed on My device.

Today I got missed calls about 5 times but I can't say why the phone was always near me. But after the ppl who called me told me they let it ring for long time but I didn't pick up the phone but I couldn't pick up when I don't get any signal from the phone.

Any body else this issue ?

Everything else is just fine I think, waiting for new version :lol: can get just better I think.

Thanks Paul

Guest broughs
MCR2 will be available today or tomorrow, based on DTHJ6. Changes will be as previous ROM, except Opera will be removed to a CAB.

P

Did you say based on DTHJ6. What are the changes from 5 to 6 ? The MCR01 was a keeper for me - best rom I have used to date with manilla working well on it and storage about 36 meg free.

Stu

Edited by broughs

Guest Paul (MVP)

No changelog unfortunately, scientific calculator is back tho, hehe!

It will probably be online today, although without Opera removed, as this is a little intricate and I want to save it for a future release with a couple of other new features. So MCR02 will be a very minor update to MCR01.

P

Guest broughs
No changelog unfortunately, scientific calculator is back tho, hehe!

It will probably be online today, although without Opera removed, as this is a little intricate and I want to save it for a future release with a couple of other new features. So MCR02 will be a very minor update to MCR01.

P

Good I liked MCR01 but here we go again with a new upgrade. When will it ever stop !!!!

Stu

Anyone having issues with WIFI? I am unable to connect to my home network - and when I enable WIFI, I don't get the popup message listing available networks. I can set the network up manually but it fails to connect. Very odd! :lol:

False alarm - it was my router that had passed away! :D Just installed my new one and the WIFI on my Omnia is working normally. I have noticed one strange thing though - every day just before midnight my phone will come out of standby (no notifications) then go back to sleep after 3 minutes (specified time). Not a problem as such just weird! Anyone else notice this one?

What you mean: Removed IRDA files?

I can not use it anymore? :lol:

Can I contact with you via msn? Subject: Developing MoDaCo Omnia Rom

Edited by taril

Guest teixeira.vh

After downloading file and unziped:

"data error in i900-DTHJ6-MCR02.exe". File is broken.

Could you post again the file, Paul?

Thanks.

teixeira.vh

Guest Geronymous
I have also problem with the MCR02 download, the download is done with 38.9MB not 85.96MB like it should be.

Downloaded fine here... in just a few minutes...

Guest teixeira.vh
I have also problem with the MCR02 download, the download is done with 38.9MB not 85.96MB like it should be.

2º attempt ... now one file with 52.8 MB...

Anyone could post another link please?

Cumps,

teixeira.vh

Guest Dr Nize Guy

Well I found a bug.. I think..

I can't recieve any file send by bluetooth.

When the phone is locked, the display lights up, but it doesn't recieve anything.

Well I found a bug.. I think..

I can't recieve any file send by bluetooth.

When the phone is locked, the display lights up, but it doesn't recieve anything.

Have you got Beams turned on?