GPS Troubles in Windows Mobile 6.1...

Guest Krupa

I have just upgraded my BlackJack 2 to Windows Mobile 6.1 and I cannot get the GPS to work like it did in 6.0. I've tried everything I could think of, which includes installing GPSID settings and setting the settings to COM4 and 9600 and tried installing the MoDaCo GPS Activator. When I start GPS test, it's stuck on "Looking for GPS Unit," even when I specify COM4. Many people have gotten it to work without using these tools on Windows Mobile 6.1. What is wrong?

Thanks in advance.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest clockwork58
I have just upgraded my BlackJack 2 to Windows Mobile 6.1 and I cannot get the GPS to work like it did in 6.0. I've tried everything I could think of, which includes installing GPSID settings and setting the settings to COM4 and 9600 and tried installing the MoDaCo GPS Activator. When I start GPS test, it's stuck on "Looking for GPS Unit," even when I specify COM4. Many people have gotten it to work without using these tools on Windows Mobile 6.1. What is wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Have u rebooted the phone (turn off/on) since installing all hacks?

Are you in a clear view of the sky while attempting to turn the software on? (be outside and not just standing at the window)

• 2 weeks later...

Yes I've tried all that, guys. What really perplexes me is that the phone can't even find the GPS unit when I run GPS test. It's just stuck at the "Looking for GPS Unit" screen. What could be the problem?

Guest sccrplaya407

What happened with me was I switched to 6.1 and when I did my GPS (which didn't work very well with 6.0) suddenly worked almost flawlessly. I downloaded google maps and live search and both work while i am inside my house. Try maybe doing a reset of the phone or uninstall the gps hack if it is installed. If you reset make sure to sync your phone so your contacts do not get lost. I have found that with 6.1 you don't need to use the gps hack. also for google maps the gps settings i have are windows managed, and for live search I have it set to intermediate driver.